Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2008, 06:27 PM

I've read about the history of the Spirit, being built for the short cruise Asian market. The description says that the furniture is smaller, vanities are shorter,etc. My real concern is the lenght of the beds. Are they shorter too? If so, do they have bed extensions like Princess does? There are 3 in the cabin, my husband, my son, and me, and I'm the shortest one by 5 inches, and I'm 5'-10", so this question is pretty important to us. HELP! Any recommendations are welcome.

Sailing out of New Orleans on 11-23.
Old 11-09-2008, 06:06 AM

Hi There

Well, I think YOU will be fine Im 5 11 and I didnt remember any issues however, Paul is 6 1 and he remembers the beds being short. A friend also traveled with us and shared the cabin hes about he Pauls height and the sofa that made up to a bed was definitely too short for him but you would more expect that from a convertible bed. We had an 11th deck balcony cabin (11531 if I remember correctly) and it was a roomy and comfortable cabin but that would have the only issue for the taller men traveling with me. I hope this helps. PS Lovely ship though, wed both do Spirit again in a heartbeat. With that said, definitely looking forward to Pearl on 2/1 out of Miami!

Enjoy!

Darryl

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 11-09-2008, 06:07 AM

By the way...can anyone give me a hint why my signature won't work...it used to on past cruises.

Thanks!

Old 11-09-2008, 06:39 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Paul & Darryl:
By the way...can anyone give me a hint why my signature won't work...
Hi Paul & Darryl. The board's software doesn't like html; use the BB code version and you'll be fine.
Old 11-09-2008, 08:10 AM

Thanks Paul and Darryl,
Hopefully they will have bed extensions. We have never sailed NCL before, only Princess. Princess has bed extensions that they can attach to the end of the bed,adding about 14". If these beds are any shorter than the standard American twin, we are going to need them. My son's bed is suspended, so he is just out of luck, but 13 year olds are flexible. I doubt he will care. Thanks again. We are really looking forward to this cruise.
Old 11-10-2008, 03:40 PM

Dyxiegirl -

Glad I could help...you'll love NCL and the Spirit...I forgot to mention before DO NOT miss the "bridge tour" No, you can't actually go on the bridge but you can go to an observation area below the "Galaxy of the Stars". It was so cool. I'm sure there are other ships that have this bridge observation area but I haven't been on one. Nearby there is also an area where you can view artifacts from the ship when she was Superstar Leo.

Also, Lisa thanks for the assist on the signature. I know we usually try to keep in context on the posts so thanks for indulging me!

Enjoy!

Old 11-10-2008, 07:41 PM
Dyxiegirl - We sailed on the Spirit in Oct 08 in an Oceanview cabin on Deck 8 and found the beds of adequate length (I am 5'10").We did find the beds to be a weebit hard but the problem was easily resolved with an extra duvet from our cabin steward!

BillyBuzzy

Montserrat Villas
Old 11-11-2008, 05:51 AM

Thanks to everyone about the beds, and other tips. I think my son would really like the bridge tour.
Does anyone know if NCL has bed extensions?

Only 13 days to go!
Old 11-11-2008, 06:04 AM

Dyxiegirl, I would imagine they would have extensions or something that would make your hubby comfortable in bed. I'm only 5'6", so I don't have any trouble There are so many people over 6' tall now, they would have to have something. I did want to wish you a happy cruise, it won't be long now! Bon Voyage

Closed Thread

Tags
bed, cruise, norwegian, ships, short