Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2005, 09:37 AM

Hi, we are about to embark on a 23 day cruise from Vancouver to New York on NCL. I have read many reviews and am beginning to wish I had never booked with NCL. We have cruised 6 times with Princess and the experience has been exceptional. I read a review somewhere that said one could not use the plug ins in the staterooms as they were European....can someone tell me if this is true?
Old 09-01-2005, 01:16 PM

I plugged my hair dryer and cell phone charger in no prob.

Here is my review- pre dry dock- trust me, you will have a blast. I mean it- have no worries- http://www.cruisereviews.com/Norwegi...anSpirit14.htm
Old 09-02-2005, 11:32 PM

Oh Ange!

Lucky you! How wonderful to be making such a fantastic voyage!

I must confess that I do not know off the top of my head whether you can plug in your "goodness-knows-what" into the outlets, but I had to say hello and wish you Bon Voyage!

The Norwegian Spirit is a relatively new ship, and I would suspect that anything is possible. Plan to bring along an extension cord and a plugging strip, and we'll poke around to find out what else you might need.

Off the top of my head I'm suspecting that The Sharper Image or another slick travel store will have whatever you need to make your trip a carefree experience.

How dreamy that you are able to take the time for such a spectacular "crossing"!

Lana
Old 09-06-2005, 07:32 PM
Banned

The Spirit's staterooms have both 220 Volts-50 Hz and 110 Volts-60 Hz power receptacles.
You should find one 110 Volt receptacle next to a 220 Volt receptacle on the desk, and another 110 Volt receptacle on the hair dryer in the water closet.
That's it, just two 110 Volt receptacles per stateroom.
Old 09-06-2005, 07:47 PM

You're going to have a fabulous time! Previous posters already answered that you will be able to plug in. My husband and I (33 and 36) took my 61 year young (very young) father on the Spirit on the Exotic Southern Carribean cruise over the Christmas holiday last year and we were quite impressed. I've cruised on RCCL before and the Freestyle cruising was a nice change. But do expect it to be a bit different. The Freestyle aspect makes it a bit more casual but no less customer-service oriented. Please email me with any specific questions about the ship hmwende@aol.com One major recommendation is to make sure you read your Freestyle Daily as soon as you get into the room. They give you a summary of selected activities on the front but it does not include all of the activitiesl. Read the inside as well. This caused some confusion for us on the first day and we missed some activities that we would have enjoyed.
Old 09-18-2005, 10:20 PM

Thanks to everyone that replied! I have heard that the Spirit is in for drydock for most of October so I look forward to a lovely new ship! Part of the drydock is to include improvements to the galley and specifically the buffet, so I suspect this will improve food quality a great deal! I wouldn't have been too worried except that I will be onboard for 23 days....thats a long time if things are wrong, and I want to feel as great about this ship as I do the Princess Fleet. So when I read the reviews.....some of which are not complimentary, some mediocre, and very few positive ones, I got cold feet! We have cruised to all the ports on this cruise over the years so this cruise is mainly for resting and a few days in New York. We did the Russian Baltic in May of this year on Princess and it was absolutely fabulous, and are doing the Amazon River in April 2006 so I am one happy cruiser! Thanks again!
Old 09-19-2005, 06:34 AM

Ange: some of the specialty restaurants get very full, especially on the two-for-one cover charge nights. When you go down to make your reservations ask to see the "regular" menu (Windows and Garden) for the next week so that you can decide which nights don't exactly entice you and you can make your specialty restaurant reservations then. That way you will be assured of a good table at the time you want one.

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, days, norwegian, review, spirit