Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2008, 11:06 AM

My husband and I are bringing our 15 yr old son
on our cruise in 2 weeks.
I couldn't get a clear answer from NCL as to where/how
he will sleep? I read other posts that said to be careful of how much luggage you bring, because it could impact his sleeping arrangements due to tight quarters? Any answers out there?
Old 03-02-2008, 11:13 AM

I've heard about the Pullman. Don't know what that is for sure. Not sure how that impacts sleeping arrangements or space.
Old 03-02-2008, 11:24 AM

I emailed NCL cause we also have 3 in our cabin, one person said a pullman(bunk) and another said a bed that slides out from one of the twins which would mean 3 twin beds side by side, am hoping for the pullman to give us more room to get in and out of bed, esp.in the middle of the night
Old 03-02-2008, 11:28 AM

Your 15 YO will either have an upper berth or pullman (a bed that pulls out from below one of the pirmary beds on the floor). With NCL, it'll likely be an upper berth. Depending on the ship it wil be anywhere from a small cabin, around 160 ft down to tiny, some ships have cabin in the 122 or under size range. Majesty for example has both some interior and oceanview cabis that are 108 sf. That's more of a broom closet than a cabin. So, be careful how much luggage you decide to bring. Very much and you'll be all beds and luggage.

Balconies (on ships that have balcony categories) or a suite would obviously be larger.

Cheers, Neil
Old 03-02-2008, 11:47 AM

The email I got from NCL said our cabin had a pullman which pulled out from the wall this was the quote they emailed me, said the "pullman" pulls out from the wall so guess it just depends on who tells you what to what a "pullman" is LOL
Wendy
PS said its like a bunkbed
Old 03-02-2008, 11:53 AM
The pullman is like a bunkbed...it hangs on the side wall....and you pull it down to sleep and put it up to get it out of the way...you will find a ladder that attaches to it to get up and down....It doesn't effect your luggage storage...but it does effect your head room on the person sleeping underneath it...it's cramped but workable....Have a fun trip...

Bob
Old 03-02-2008, 01:18 PM
Administrator

Catlover, if I recall correctly, you will be on Norwegian Sun? What type of cabin? The standard inside/oceanview cabins on N. Sun are approximately 145 square feet, and a good number of those that can accommodate three have a single sofabed for the third person. Your TA should be able to give you more information on your exact cabin.

We typically put our empty luggage under the beds...they're never in the way, and we've been in cabins much smaller.
Old 03-02-2008, 03:16 PM

Thanks for the replies. I am on 'K' level
(International deck) near the Teen area. Hope that isn't a mistake in placement. Anyway,
the info helped alot. My son is happy that he won't be sleeping on top of suitcases, although, he was willing to make the sacrifice for the cruise. He's excited.

Closed Thread

Tags
accommodations, cabin, caribbean, carnival, charge, cruise, cruises, norwegian, person, princess, room, royal, sleep, sleeping, stateroom