Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2007, 02:05 PM

Hi Lisa P,

This week the majority of passengers on the Majesty were 50 and over. I'll watch and see what happens when school is out.

A reminder to all, please be sure to travel with your passport. If not a passport, a birth certificate and a government issued photo id (driver's license, state id card, something official). Last week some passengers didn't board the ship because they did not have the proper id. The passport requirements have been relaxed a little because of the back up, but you still need a birth certificate and photo id at the minimum to get on the ship, if you do not have a passport.
Old 06-12-2007, 07:14 PM

There is a really simple answer to your question, not politically correct, not sensitive to other opinions, nor spun to be nice about NCL and at a gut level the answer is, simply no.

When I think of the young cruiser, I think, "activity". There are other lines that do it better.

My point is, there is no easy answer because you really need to state all the things that make a cruise appeal to you. Let's say, you want a rock climbing wall. NCL not for you. Chutes to ride into the pool? Not on NCL. Ice skating rink? Not NCL.

I think Francesca has left the building. She must have got what she wanted on the first page!
Old 06-12-2007, 07:45 PM
Banned

Chef Ken wrote:

"My point is, there is no easy answer because you really need to state all the things that make a cruise appeal to you. Let's say, you want a rock climbing wall. NCL not for you. Chutes to ride into the pool? Not on NCL. Ice skating rink? Not NCL."

Reply:

Ken, it must have been some time since you were on an NCL ship. Just off the NCL Pearl May 27th for 2nd time in three months. 9 day So Caribbean Feb 2nd, 2007 and Alaska May 20th, 2007.

The facts:
Slides to the pool for the kids and big kids, YES the Pearl has the slides. Rock Climbing up on Deck 14, YES, the NCL Pearl has rock climbing, ice skating, NO, bowling alleys, YES the NCL Pearl has the only bowling alleys on the high seas. Full size basketball court, YES, the NCL Pearl has one, full size tennis court, YES the NCL Pearl has one. Helicopter landing pad, YES, the NCL Pearl has one. The largest televsion screen in the world on a cruise ship, YES, the NCL Pearl has it in their Crystal Atrium. What more could you want.

So not to misinform anyone from taking an NCL cruise, they have the specialities on select ships just like RCCL. RCCL does not have rock climbing on all ships nor surfing on all their ships, only select ships. RCCL has NO bowling alleys on any of their ships. So each cruise company has their own select ways to entertain and provide sports games.

As for young cruisers.....as a consistant cruiser on NCL and Platinum members, the ages of the passengers are very diverse, from young to old. NCL has a great program for kids, teenagers will always have fun, middle age passengers have lots of activites especially in the lounges and clubs at night, and the senior passengers have activities set for them.

If you don't think a major cruise line like NCL accomadates all age passengers you are clearly mistaken.

Chef Ken might be listed as a "cruise guru" but certainly lacks the facts in this matter.
Old 06-13-2007, 08:17 PM

Look Dick, don't talk about me talk to me. So you disagree. I haven't been on NCL since '04 and that is my frame of reference. My opinion remains the same and your opinion is yours. I know you have sworn your allegiance to NCL, fine. Enjoy it.

Just express your opinion as that and refrain from dissecting other people's posts. It's the way we get along here.
Old 06-13-2007, 09:29 PM
Banned

Scalpel.........suction.............forceps....... ........suction.....suction.......suction.....
Man alive; if we disected every post here... well, I ain't goin' there.
Old 06-13-2007, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Chef Ken:
Look Dick, don't talk about me talk to me. So you disagree. I haven't been on NCL since '04 and that is my frame of reference. My opinion remains the same and your opinion is yours. I know you have sworn your allegiance to NCL, fine. Enjoy it.

Just express your opinion as that and refrain from dissecting other people's posts. It's the way we get along here.
Is this the Sopranos

I didn't see anywhere that Richard & Mary swore any allegiance to NCL. I get along fine with people that correct me. I actually thank them
Old 06-14-2007, 06:17 AM
Banned

Yes it is....several who post here need to be whacked.
Old 06-14-2007, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by IslandCruz:

Is this the Sopranos

I didn't see anywhere that Richard & Mary swore any allegiance to NCL. I get along fine with people that correct me. I actually thank them
It's written between the lines so I guess I have corrected you. Your welcome.
Old 06-14-2007, 05:50 PM

Quote:
RCCL does not have rock climbing on all ships
Not to be picky but actually they do now have the rock wall on all their ships. Ice rink... no, surfing... no, but rock wall would be a yes.

You want to know about Princess, ask Penny or f-mattox. RCI, check with Sonny. CCL there are many. You want the latest poop on NCL, Richard & Mary know 'em better than anyone I know.

It isn't easy to read some of the posts without reacting when it's something you know well and are passionate about. Problem is, when we're most passionate about something and it appears someone is running it down the reaction can be pretty negative. I'm guilty, did it on a post about a company I care deeply about and it wasn't a cruiseline.

Everyone here has the right to their opinion. I love reading Chef Ken's posts on cruising in general. I also have learned a thing or two about NCL from R & M. Passions aside, I think both of you were trying to provide usefull info on the subject to the OP.

Cheers, Neil
Old 06-14-2007, 06:00 PM
Neil, I hereby nominate you as the unofficial cruise-chat diplomatic attache in charge of conflict resolution--Well Done!

Closed Thread

Tags
20s, break, carnival, college, crowd, cruise, cruisers, jewel, line, ncl, norwegian, review, ships, slides, spring, younger