Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2007, 06:59 PM

I second that nomination.

I enjoy reading Chef Ken's posts as well. I certainly did not mean to ruffle any feathers. I guess I read it wrong about thinking it was a little harsh. I am guilty of typing things that don't always come out as I meant them. I think we all need to try to get along with each other.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:32 PM

I resent those comments and think you're both completely out of line!

Sorry, does that get my nomination revoked?

Cheers, Neil
Old 06-14-2007, 07:50 PM
Nope!

Now I'm positive you're the man for the job.
Old 06-15-2007, 05:35 AM
Banned

....nevermind.............
Old 06-15-2007, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by TrvlPro:
quote:
RCCL does not have rock climbing on all ships
It isn't easy to read some of the posts without reacting when it's something you know well and are passionate about. Problem is, when we're most passionate about something and it appears someone is running it down the reaction can be pretty negative. I'm guilty, did it on a post about a company I care deeply about and it wasn't a cruiseline.

Everyone here has the right to their opinion. I love reading Chef Ken's posts on cruising in general. I also have learned a thing or two about NCL from R & M. Passions aside, I think both of you were trying to provide usefull info on the subject to the OP.

Cheers, Neil

Good points, Neil and thanks. I guess the fact that people feel so passionate about such mundane things is what tickles me, because in all honesty, I could give a rats butt about how good or not, NCL is.

Truth is, I like them just fine but my predilection is for other lines that I have stated. (wouldn't want to overstate my preference.) For the OP, I was just trying to shorten arriving at a decision that in all honesty, would have them sailing with someone else.
Old 06-15-2007, 10:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Chef Ken:
There is a really simple answer to your question, not politically correct, not sensitive to other opinions, nor spun to be nice about NCL and at a gut level the answer is, simply no.

When I think of the young cruiser, I think, "activity". There are other lines that do it better.

My point is, there is no easy answer because you really need to state all the things that make a cruise appeal to you. Let's say, you want a rock climbing wall. NCL not for you. Chutes to ride into the pool? Not on NCL. Ice skating rink? Not NCL.

I think Francesca has left the building. She must have got what she wanted on the first page!
There's nothing wrong with giving your opinions.
You're probably correct in stating that NCL draws a somewhat older crowd, at least in the past.
But you're wrong in simply stating that no NCL ships have slides or rock climbing walls. Generalizations often are wrong. The Pearl has both, and several NCL ships have slides. I'll admit no NCL ship has an ice skating rink, but no other cruise line has ships with four bowling lanes. This fall, the Gem will join the Pearl with all three features. Does one or two ships make a cruise line, of course not.
While every RCCL ship has a rock climbing wall, most do not have skating rinks, nor do most of them have slides. Therefore, not every RCCL ship might please the OP either.
To repeat what I wrote earlier, generalizations are often wrong.
At least R&M qualified which NCL ships might please the OP best, it would have been nice if you qualified which RCCL ship might, and which might not too.
Old 06-16-2007, 05:00 AM

Yes, I understand I made an incorrect statement about slides etc. I'll know better now.

Closed Thread

Tags
20s, break, carnival, college, crowd, cruise, cruisers, jewel, line, ncl, norwegian, review, ships, slides, spring, younger