Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2008, 09:40 AM

I think its semi formal..but I just had a question for maybe *younger* ladies..for dinners and such (and to know for packing purposes)
are you able to wear flipflops with say...sundresses into the restuarants at night?

as well as leggings with a fancier top..or does it have to be skirt/dress/heel the whole sha-bang??

thanks!
Old 11-25-2008, 02:55 PM
Hi Perfected,

The world of formal wear on ships is a bygone era I would have to say....It's called Resort Casual now. About the only thing they don't allow are shorts, tank tops or swimwear....Dress jeans are even allowed now...One reason I like NCL is that it's mostly casual dressing....I still like to wear a sportscoat and tie at least one night....Just for the sake of it....but sundresses are welcomed....I would say sandals to flip-flops, but whatever make sense to you...but if you want to really dressup one night...go ahead and do it:-)....Just have a smashing good cruise...

Bob E
Old 11-25-2008, 03:58 PM
Administrator

Hi perfectedxfrailty, and welcome to cruise-chat.com!

I agree with Bob E, above. The sundresses are fine (and so comfortable, too), with sandals instead of flip-flops. This will get you through all of the evenings, including the optional "dress up" night if you don't want to dress up. Leggings with a fancy top will be fine, too -- again, sans flip-flops.
Old 11-25-2008, 06:24 PM
Lisa,

Thanks for agreeing with me...I feel like a fashion consultant now:-)....Do you ladies still wear mini skirts??? with sandals of course..

Bob E

Closed Thread

Tags
ins, jewl, norwegian, outs