Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2006, 02:04 PM
Banned

Welcome all. If you want a very nice group of photo's of the new NCL Pearl, I suggest that you spend the next 30 minutes reviewing the photos at this link. If your on this ship be prepared for pure LUXURY.

Enjoy......happy sailing...and Bon Apetite

http://www.cruiseship-gallery.de/index.php

Click on the link above, and all series of photos are set into a slideshow.

Richard & Mary
Las Cruces, New Mexico USA

Pearl Feb 2nd, 2007 Caribbean (Penthouse #9500)
Pearl May 20, 2007 Alaska
Old 12-04-2006, 02:14 PM

Richard & Mary - Thank you for the link to the pictures. The Pearl looks like a very nice ship indeed. My only exposure to MCL ships was the Dream and she was lacking in my opinion, so its nice to be able to see the new ships and the direction that the NCL designers are going on their ships.

Thanks again.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 12-04-2006, 04:00 PM
Banned

Jim:

I agree with your opinion of the NCL Dream. Although we have sailed the Dream (Oct 2006), I must admit compared to the NCL Jewel,the NCL Star and the new NCL Pearl, the Dream wasn't as nice. However the NCL Dream out of Houston, offers a "great value" cruise for the first timer or the experienced cruiser, because of the price points. First time cruiser on the NCL Dream should consult websites like this, for vital information on tips to make the first cruise enjoyable. I am sure many first time cruisers get on the ship, did no research, and their expectations can get dampened quickly.

Certainly the new class of mega-ships being built for NCL,RCL,CCL etc, are the newest state of the art vessels. Since there are many Americans that have never sailed on a cruise ship, the NCL Dream is a great starter. We recently sailed the NCL Dream from Houston for $389.00 per person UNobstructed oceanview, Deck 5. That was a price that is hard to beat for 7 days, three ports of call, good food, excellent service a variety of entertainment. We enjoyed the vacation and experience very much. I have always stressed the cruising experience is what you make of it personally. There are so many ships to choose from now around the USA. We have found that NCL offers everything we like. We will sail the Pearl on Feb 2nd,2007 in a Penthouse Suite, and after that, I am sure that Mary and I will become spoiled cruisers. NCL has been great with us, offering upgrades and we always get some sort of special treatment. This is one reason we continue to sail with NCL. Of course the Diamond Princess and the Grand Princess were get ships to be on also.

Richard & Mary
Las Cruces, New Mexico USA
Old 12-04-2006, 05:36 PM
Banned

The fares for the Dream's Inside cabins have fallen to $299 during NCL's 40th Birthday Sale.

At those prices, any ferry for 7 days and nights is a great ship. I've booked a cruise onn the Dream and will be it next week.

Yes, it's not a new ship, without all the bells and whistles of new ships, but I'm not worried that it's going to sink.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:51 PM

Quote:
If your on this ship be prepared for pure LUXURY.
... two exceptions:

1. you should have some kneepads (you get it at any sport equipement store for Volleyball players...) if you visit the STARDUST THEATER... All seats are too narrow in all directions!

2. You need to have a pillow if you visit the GARDEN CAFÉ. The tables are too high for the chairs or the chairs are too low for the tables. So a pillow of your own might be helpful.

But anyway the ship is BEAUTIFUL.

Especially the SPINNAKER LOUNGE is just GREAT.

And the food: The inaugural menu:

Enjoy your voyage. You will love it. We have booked already NORWEGIAN GEM for 2007.

Regards,
HeinBloed
Old 12-05-2006, 07:18 PM

Ron/Richard & Mary- I agree whole heartedly on th epricing of the Dream cruise. We also went in October and got a rate very similar to yours. ($1400 for a family of 4) And while the ship wasn't the best, for that price it was more than fair in my opinion. Compared to the other cruise lines offerings out of Houston/ Galveston, you can't come close to a value like that.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, gem, jewel, line, ncl, nice, norwegian, pearl, penthouse, photo, photos, pictures, post, purchase, ships, suite