Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2006, 05:05 PM

In reading up on the kids pools on NCL's website, I saw a reference to a Coast Guard requirement that no kids with diapers (even swim diapers) can go in the (kids) pool. It would be a real problem if my 18-month old (who has been in many public pools) had to sit on the sidelines while her older sibling splashed around in the kids pool. I couldn't tell whether NCL was merely reciting the regulation, or whether they actively enforce it. Does anyone know? Thanks!
Old 01-02-2006, 09:13 AM
Administrator

I would go with the assumption that it is enforced. I've heard from several parents that they brought along an inflatable pool for the little ones to splash in while out on deck. It's not ideal, yet better than not being able to have pool time at all.
Old 01-02-2006, 05:06 PM
Banned

If they didn't enforce the regulations, and receved a sufficient amount of bad marks on it's heath inspections, the government can and will shut the ship down.
That's the last thing a cruise company wants, it'll force them to cancel a cruise, and depending upon the ship's next cruise, up to 2400 very angry passengers.
It has happen in the past and probably will again. Of course, if babies swiming in the pool was the only demerit, the ship will probably pass the inspection. But a ship that's lax on one regulation, is probably lax on many.
I was on the Sun early last month, and the head chef reported passing 4 health and safety inspections last year with almost perfect scores. I don't think he would have been as happy if babies in the swiming pool was a demerit.

Closed Thread

Tags
18, babies, celebrity, cruise, cruises, kids, line, month, ncl, olds, pool, pools, reviews, swim, swimming, tips