Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2006, 08:07 PM

Hi,
My wife and I have been looking for a cruise for this winter. Although we have been eyeing NCL Jewel, we have heard about and been reading the posts for ss Norway and feel somewhat conflicted about the honesty and integrety of NCL. Opinions please! Thank you.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:10 PM

Dude, peopel are nuts about the Norway, I wouldnt even read that post if you want an objective opinion. Sail NCL, youll love the jewel.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:24 PM

Wow - what a great way to slam the loyal SS Norway faithful, lbt43! If you knew the whole story, you'd find that NCL has no respect for their ships or its history whatsoever. Of course whatever you say may or may not change Dude's mind is up to him, but there's still plenty of us rallying for the SS Norway and SS United States regardless. Thank you.
Old 08-11-2006, 01:50 AM

lbt43,

rather than relying on the facts that are on the table, you prefer to simply continue to slam others in a pig-headed way while at the same time demanding sympathy for your rants against children.

Dude,

the "Norwegian Jewel" offers a good, modern cruise product. Whether you decide to take her for a cruise or not because of NCL's doubtful practices surrounding the fate of the "Norway" is a decision you will have to make by yourself, I'm afraid.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 08-11-2006, 04:15 AM
Administrator

Although I am one of those people who is "nuts about the Norway," I feel I am quite capable of providing an "objective opinion."

I happen to enjoy cruising on NCL... I will be on Norwegian Majesty the week after next, and am considering a cruise on N. Jewel. I toured N. Jewel last year and thought it a beautiful ship with many choices of activities. As a long-time NCL cruiser, I keep seeing the same crew members year after year -- many have been with the line a decade or more, before the line's acquisition by Star Cruises.

Certainly, I am not at all pleased with the way everything has transpired for my favorite, SS Norway, yet I am not going to deny myself an experience I enjoy. Now, this is just my opinion. You are right to be concerned, yet as Raoul said, the decision is up to you.
Old 08-11-2006, 10:03 AM

Ahoy DUDE, Perhaps when you cruise with NCL you can ask the Captain about the fate of the SS United States and the SS Independence? NCL bought those two classic liners under the guise (or LIES) of restoring them and sailing them on USA-only itineraries. But they never had any intention of doing that. They bought the ships so no other cruise line could use them as "easy entry" into the USA cruise market (mostly Hawai'i)

And now that NCL-America has 3 giant new-builds in place in Hawai'i, how long before SSUS and SS Indy get tossed on the CRAP HEAP along with SS Norway?

So as long as you weigh the fact that NCL is a bunch of liars, that might not do all the "upkeep" type of services on all their ships, then you can make your own decision.

As for me? I'll never toss NCL another dime as long as I live.

Peace
Old 08-11-2006, 10:49 AM

Raulo, I dont see how I am going away from the facts, just look at the obsessive posts on the Norway. Its a ship for gods sake, an old on at that. She had her time now let her be.

I dont demand sympathy at all. I just want people to understand that bringing kids aboard a ship is ridiculous! It causes undue stress for crew and passengers, and they are annoying.

As far as NCL being liars, I dont doubt it. Just call their customer service, which I am doing now and ask them a question. Most likely, if it isnt about rates, youll get a half truth or a down right lie. Doesnt mean you wont have a good time sailing with them. I have heard a lot of good and bad about all cruise lines, not just NCL. Its just a matter or seeing for yourself. My bet is "Dude" would have a great time on NCL jewel.
Old 08-11-2006, 04:38 PM

Ahoy ibt43 ! So are you saying kids should not be allowed on cruise ships?

These fugly new white cattle boats hold almost 4,000 pax, feature water parks, ice skating, and climbing walls ....... and you shouldn't allow KIDS ?!?!?!?!

Duh !!!!!!
Old 08-11-2006, 04:48 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by lbt43:
I just want people to understand that bringing kids aboard a ship is ridiculous! It causes undue stress for crew and passengers, and they are annoying.
Prove it. Otherwise yours is a gratuitous comment. Indeed, most crew I have encountered like having the children around since many crew have families at home. As I recall, this upcoming cruise of yours is your first. So with zero experience you know all about how the passengers and crew view kids. Curious.
Old 08-12-2006, 12:02 AM

Curious Dave, let me sum it up for you..... I HATE KIDS, PERIOD. All they do is whine cry bitch and moan.

Closed Thread