Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2008, 03:11 PM

Hi RICK,nice to meet you yes it is a unusal I only knew one other girl growing up with my name and of coarse my grandmother whom I was named after,never liked the name when I was young, people would always pronounce it wrong a simple four lettered name.Of coarse you must know it is Italian and means life in italian.Well nice speaking with you say Hi to Vita lol Happy Cruising Vita
Old 04-04-2008, 03:18 PM

Hi Rick, yes it is a unusual name only knew one other girl growing up with my name,Old fashion Italian name which I guess you know means LIFE,named after my Grandmother.Well nice to meet you say hello to your wife Vita LOL and happy cruising Vita
Old 04-05-2008, 06:51 AM

Hi,Rick sorry I posted the same message twice anyway have three questions for anyone who knows is there any website where you can purchese NCL's cruise discount book before your cruise? and is it worth it, and what is the weather like in Burmuda in May? Thanks Vita
Old 04-06-2008, 04:53 PM
Administrator

Hi Vita. According to the Weather Channel, average temperatures in St. George, Bermuda in May are a low of 68F and high of 75F. May also has the least amount of rain, on average, according to the same source.

I don't know about the NCL discount book. What does it contain?
Old 04-06-2008, 05:47 PM

It'll still be a little cool for swimming but the beaches are great to just visit. When we lived in Md. we always took advantage of the trips to Bermuda & we miss it since we're now in Florida & can't get there without flying north. There used to be a ferry that took people from King's Wharf into Hamilton. Aside from Hawaii, Bermuda it our second favorite place to cruise to.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:36 AM

Hi thank you both for the weather info. I am not sure what this book has but I was told it has coupons for excursions and different items on shore at different stores saw that some cruise web sites were giving it for free in there package if you booked your cruise with them. Vita
Old 04-09-2008, 10:16 AM

I've used ginger root for many years. Now I only take it if the seas are rough, but it works like a charm.
Old 04-09-2008, 10:24 AM

Hi ConnieM and welcome to Cruise Chat.

I like eating some candied ginger, too. I was on a ship once that had a big bowl of candied ginger at the exit of the dining room, as a digestive. Everyone loved it.

Sandy
Old 04-11-2008, 06:05 AM

One suggestion:

On the morning when you are arriving at King's Wharf, get up good and early and enjoy the sight of Bermuda getting closer and closer. You are scheduled to dock at 8:00 am, so get a cup of coffee/tea...and get out on the open deck by 7:00 (or ask a crew member when would be a good time in case your arrival is running early/late). It's a peaceful and relaxing time....taking in the beautiful colors and sights. Not sure if you will be cruising along the coastline for any duration...we've always docked in Hamilton and the channel takes you along the shoreline for a while. Anyway....most passengers sleep in...and we've had the decks to ourselves. Very relaxing and enjoyable experience as an opening for your visit.

And yes.....rent the scooters/mopeds to get around and explore. The only way to really explore Bermuda, IMO.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Keath:
One suggestion:

And yes.....rent the scooters/mopeds to get around and explore. The only way to really explore Bermuda, IMO.
I agree with using the scooters but they're not for most people who haven't ridden on the left side before. It probably aggravates the locals who are just trying to get to work having to be behind the tourists going 20 mph.

Closed Thread

Tags
beaches, bermuda, burmuda, cruise, dawn, easily, expect, great, ncl, norwegian, pack, pay, taking, time, tips