Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2004, 10:22 AM

hi zza
It was so freezing cold when we got to the ship, but the sea was smooth, one night we had 12 Meters high waves (sory don't know it in feet), it was "shaking" and the crew distributed sick bag (as in the airplane).

but only for one night, after 2 days in the caribbean we had great weather, calme sea.

have fun!
Old 01-05-2005, 02:23 PM

Just got off the Dawn on Dec 30 from NY. I dont' have any help on getting there other then get there early and be prepared to stand in line.

The whole NY experience for us was the worst in my life. It is not set up for a cruise ship. To get from where you are dropped off to the where you can get on the boat you have to take an elevator. Imagine hundreds of people arriving and trying to get into this elevator. Then when you get out of the elevator we had to stand in line for something like 3 hours while we filed like cattle to find 2 people checking tickets, then you have to go through security, then you have to go through the boats boarding procedure. After the 3+ hours of standing in line, they have the nerve to have someone standing there to take you picture and asks you to smile.

Getting off the boats was just as bad. Being a non american, we had to, again like cattle, file into the theater where we proceeded to wait for 2 hours because they said they had to call imigration to come to the boat, they didn't have anyone waiting.

Worse experience of my life, my recommendation to NCL is to drop the NY route ASAP. I believe that they lost about 1000 future cruisers (thats how many were in the theater).
Old 01-06-2005, 08:15 AM

We have finally decided to take the free airport shuttle from our hotel to LaGuardia. Then take the NCL bus from there to the dock. By being on NCL's transportation, if there are traffic problems, the ship KNOWS the bus is due to arrive and I have heard that they wait for their own transportation to arrive. THis info came from NCL.
Heather Burke
Old 01-09-2005, 08:15 PM

Has anyone ever parked in the garage at the new york city pier?if so where do you drop your luggage off at and how was your experience parking there? any information would be helpful.
Old 01-31-2005, 10:42 AM

We were on the same cruise as Thor, and were stuck in the Stardust Theatre with a party of myself, my wife, my wifes parents, our 12 year old and our 9 month old. The docks in New York is totally dis organised as is the disembarkation on the ship. At the terminal a porter gave us the best bit of advice, go down the elevator, walk out the terminal at street level, cross the road (there is a pedestrian crossing) and wait at the street corner. You can get cabs there 10 a penny. There was cabs waiting there as it is easier than them trying to access the ramp.

Closed Thread