Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2007, 06:17 AM

Just went on ncl (SUN) for christmas 2006. People who had booze in their suitcase did not get their baggage delivered to the cabin. they got a note summoning them to the security room and you were then searched (bags) they lock you in the room (abot 10-15 people) at a time and take anything they find. They even open mouthwash and sniff it ect. I went there to try to find my suitcase that they lost on the ship and they keep telling me I must have had something in my suitcase to go to that room then they treat you like a criminal I felt sorry for the people finally after being accused they found my suitcase and delivered it but made no apology for accusing me of having liquor or knives etc. They charge $9.00 a drink on the ship. If you buy anthing while you are in port they Hold it for you until you leave on the last day. I will never go on ncl food was crap Princess is much better
Old 01-18-2007, 07:42 AM

AMEN!
Old 01-18-2007, 08:06 AM
Banned

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH....do you guys work for princess or something?
Old 01-18-2007, 11:47 AM
Please!
Don't insult Princess like that!
Old 01-20-2007, 07:16 AM
Administrator

I don't understand why so many pax are so surprised by this. I quote from the Welcome Aboard brochure I received with my NCL documents:

From page 3 (and, it is in bold typeface): "Bottles of liquor you purchase on board or ashore will be held in a secure area and delivered to your stateroom at the conclusion of the cruise."

From page 5 (standard typeface): "Guests are not allowed to bring on board the vessel any alcoholic beverages of any kind."

I'm quite certain these are pointed out on NCL's Web site (as well as the sites of some other lines) so that passengers are made aware of these policies before booking.

As for the misplaced suitcase that did not contain these items, I agree that someone should have apologized.
Old 01-20-2007, 07:53 AM
Administrator

From the NCL website: "things your can't bring"
Old 01-20-2007, 09:18 AM

Sneeking, that is what NCL is all about. Please, don't lower yourself to their standards.
Old 01-20-2007, 02:04 PM

I'm going on the Dream Feb 2 2007 and had no idea that they were so **** about the booze thing. What hotel or all-iclusive wouldn't let you have your own bev's in your room?....This is my first cruise and I'm getting a bad feeling about the whole thing before I've even left.
Old 01-20-2007, 02:19 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan in Winnipeg:
What hotel or all-iclusive wouldn't let you have your own bev's in your room?
Well, by definition an all-inclusive would include booze and therefore it would be provided in your room. And as for hotels.....they don't derive most of their revenue from bar sales which can often be the case for a cruise ship.
Old 01-20-2007, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan in Winnipeg:
I'm going on the Dream Feb 2 2007 and had no idea that they were so **** about the booze thing. What hotel or all-iclusive wouldn't let you have your own bev's in your room?....This is my first cruise and I'm getting a bad feeling about the whole thing before I've even left.
Don't go then, you might make it more fun for someone else by not going if this is how you approach your first cruise experience. If you can get over the entitlement issue you may have a great time. If booze is required for you to have a good time, there is plenty on board!

The all-inclusive is the food, the lodging, the shows, the pools, the transportation from one port to another and they even take you back to where you started from!

I wonder why thousands of people cruise two and three times a year? Do you think maybe there might be something "out there?"

Closed Thread

Tags
booze, costa, cruise, delivered, line, liqour, liquor, norwegian, onboard, purchase, security, ship, ships, sneeking, typeface