Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2009, 04:44 AM

My husband and I sailed on the Pearl in Feb., 2007 and had a wonderful time. My cousin and I are giving serious thought to booking the Dawn in March for a girls' week together. I'd go back on the Pearl in a minute but she has never cruised before and I think she'd prefer the Eastern Carib itinerary. I've read some nasty reviews regarding the food in the non-specialty restaurants, toilets malfunctioning on at least one Dec. cruise and rude staff. Has anyone had a positive experience on the Dawn recently? Thanks for your help!
Old 01-08-2009, 04:44 AM

My husband and I sailed on the Pearl in Feb., 2007 and had a wonderful time. My cousin and I are giving serious thought to booking the Dawn in March for a girls' week together. I'd go back on the Pearl in a minute but she has never cruised before and I think she'd prefer the Eastern Carib itinerary. I've read some nasty reviews regarding the food in the non-specialty restaurants, toilets malfunctioning on at least one Dec. cruise and rude staff. Has anyone had a positive experience on the Dawn recently? Thanks for your help!
Old 01-08-2009, 04:26 PM
mb0620 - We cruised on the Dawn in Oct/Nov 08 and had a fantabulous time! It was our second cruise on her and she seemed better than ever. While she lacks the bowling alleys like the Pearl-she more than makes up for that with her unique ambiance.

We have met many fellow passengers who have enjoyed multiple cruises on the Dawn. We have booked another on her for April 09 and planning a repositioning on her for 2010.

Her crew is exceptional friendly and responsive to your needs, the dining venues are excellent and comparable to other cruise lines. The specialty dining is well worth the added expense. Do not for a moment hesitate to book a cruise on her-she will quickly win her way into your heart.

Welcome to cruise-chat-you'll love this chatroom with a passion!!

Bon Voyage,

BillyBuzzy

PS Start you cruise with a cocktail in the Star Bar!

Montserrat Villas
Old 01-08-2009, 10:02 PM

Thanks, Billy Buzzy, for putting my mind at ease about the Dawn. We had an absolutely fabulous time on the Pearl two years ago and I was really distressed to read the bad things about the Dawn. The Freestyle concept really suits us as we've cruised a lot since 1983 (our first was on the old Sun Princess -- a whopping 17,000 GRT!! In the current issue of Cruise Travel mag the featured Ship of the Month is the Gem. The article states that the Freestyle 2.0 concept has been implemented fleetwide -- so I'm assuming the Dawn will have benefited from stateroom upgrades even though she hasn't been refurbished since 2005. So -- if I can convince my cousin to put her toe in the water and take this cruise, I think we will have a terrific time. Thanks again!
Old 01-09-2009, 05:39 AM
mb0620 - We sailed on the Gem in Jan 08 and found her to be a worthy sister ship to the Dawn. The F2 upgrades were just getting underway at that time and being implemented for the first time. We enjoyed the Gem tremendously and will be cruising on her in the not too distant future.

The Dawn features all the F2 upgrades as we found out in Oct. 08. Even before the upgrades she was a class act. Living in New England we are very fortunate to have both the Gem and the Dawn (albeit at different times of the year) for New York departures.

Bon Voyage,

BillyBuzzy

Montserrat Villas

Closed Thread