Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2006, 07:57 AM

I'm looking for help and advice. My wife and I are going on our 1st cruise--on the Spirit, over Christmas and New Year's. What can we expect for holiday festivities (food, parties, etc.). How much do we need to pack (12 days)? Should we keep our expectations high or low (sailing through the Caribbean). What restaurants do you recommend? Activities onboard? Any, and I mean ANY, advice would be appreciated and welcomed...Thanks in advance!!
Old 12-01-2006, 08:11 AM

Welcome to Cruise-Chat and cruising. What a wonderful way to spend the holidays, a 12 day cruise in the Caribbean. Even the worst day in the Caribbean on board any ship beats the daylights out of any day at work!!!! NCL offers anytime dining with a selection of restaurants, buffet dining, and a good atmosphere on board. I'm not sure what special events they will be having, as it's been a long time since I've sailed NCL. My coworker recently sailed on the Sun out of New Orleans and hasn't stopped raving about it. Don't know what ports you're going to, but there are a ton of reviews in the Caribbean Port section of this board. If you have specific ports you're interested in, please let us know and we'll try to help. NCL is a little less formal than most of the other cruise lines. Pack about half of what you think you'll need as I'm sure you'll be buying t-shirts, etc., in ports. Do take plenty of sunscreen, sunglasses, and smiles. Take extra batteries for your camera(s). If you're using digital, invest in a couple of extra memory chips. Make sure you have your birth certificate (a certified copy) and drivers license. If there's a dive shop near you, stop by and see if they have the water proof pouches you can wear around your neck. We have a couple that we got through Amex, they're large enough to hold your drivers license, a credit card, your ship card, and a little bit of cash for shore excursions. I always pack rain ponchos, I got them at Wal-Mart, they're approximately 2 1/2" x 4" x 1/2", weigh about 3 ozs., and cost $.84. They were in the sporting goods section. Even if you never use them, it's good to have. I'm sure there are a million things I haven't covered, so let us know what else you need. Best wishes and Bon Voyage
Old 12-01-2006, 08:32 AM

Thanks, Penny!!
Old 12-01-2006, 07:38 PM

Hi John. My self, my wife and 2 teenage daughters are sailing on this cruise. My wife and I sailed over 20 years ago, too long to remember anything, this is the first cruise as a family. and first on NCL. Though I can't offer any direct help as basically being new cruisers ourselves I can recommend this site to explore to answer some of your questions. In addition go to www.cruisecritic.com this is also a wonderful site that offers alot of information. there are reviews for each ship so just under reviews look up the NCL spirit and you will see lot of reviews both good and bad, but they do contain alot of info and will answer some of your questions. In addition there is also a roll-call of others going on this cruise. Go to boards and scroll down to NCL roll calls and again you will find one for spririt for this sailing. They are planning a get together for all who go to this site. So it would be great if you and your wife join us. Check it out and I hope to see you post there. Hope to see you aboard.
Old 12-01-2006, 08:33 PM

we sailed on the Spirit 2/04. This was our second cruise and we loved the Spirit. The food was delicious and we had a wonderful time. This is a beautiful ship with something for everyone. Good shows, great food and nice people. Hope you have a great time.
Old 12-04-2006, 06:38 AM

Thanks, Mike...Look forward to meeting you and your family; definitely check out the site.
Thanks also Mary--much appreciated!!

Closed Thread