Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2007, 03:52 PM

Hi! We're going to be in Samana in early January and are interested in going to Cayo Levantado. NSL offers a offshore trip, but we're wondering if we can do this ourselves without spending $70 for a 3-hour beach excursion? Anyone know if this is possible? Many thnks
Old 11-29-2007, 12:07 PM
Hi FX,

I will be there the week of Jan 25th...I will be watching to see the replies....Have a Great time...Pearl or Jewel???

Bob E
Old 12-03-2007, 12:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by fx_mate:
Hi! We're going to be in Samana in early January and are interested in going to Cayo Levantado. NSL offers a offshore trip, but we're wondering if we can do this ourselves without spending $70 for a 3-hour beach excursion? Anyone know if this is possible? Many thnks
70 dollars?! hahahahah Now thats a rip. Just get off the ship, find a taxi driver, give him like three US dollars and ask him where the ferry is to Cayo Levantado. I live about 2 hours from Samana and will be going there in a couple weeks, so I can tell everyone better after that. If anyone needs any other info, PM me.

PS shouldnt this thread by in port chat?
Old 12-03-2007, 03:53 PM

I contacted a local who lives in Samana and she said that there isn't a ferry that goes from Samana to Cayo Levantado. She said that there are locals who will offer to take you there in their small boats. She did NOT recommend that I go about getting there this way, and she is a local. I am going to purchase the NCL excursion personally.
Old 12-03-2007, 04:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by JWestShuh:
I contacted a local who lives in Samana and she said that there isn't a ferry that goes from Samana to Cayo Levantado. She said that there are locals who will offer to take you there in their small boats. She did NOT recommend that I go about getting there this way, and she is a local. I am going to purchase the NCL excursion personally.
Thats like telling someone not to take a moto taxi. Fine, take NCL, waste your money.
Old 12-03-2007, 07:16 PM
Administrator

There's nothing wrong with taking a ship's excursion. We had a discussion on this topic in this thread. There are pros and cons to each option, and what may be considered a "waste of money" to some may be considered "insurance" or "peace of mind" to others.

fx_mate, enjoy your visit to Samana, no matter what you decide.

Closed Thread

Tags
2012, bay, cruise, dollars, dr, norwegian, port, reviews, samana, trip