Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2008, 11:13 AM

I'm cruising on the Pride Of America on 8/2. I'm interested on any feedback for the new program that NCL has implemented (Freestyle 2.0). NLC's website states: "A whole new array of exciting innovations." Has anyone experienced these new innovations?
Old 06-18-2008, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BLUEJAYS:
I'm cruising on the Pride Of America on 8/2. I'm interested on any feedback for the new program that NCL has implemented (Freestyle 2.0). NLC's website states: "A whole new array of exciting innovations." Has anyone experienced these new innovations?
I think the Pride sails Hawaii? If it's the ship I am thinking of my friends sailed her a year ago. They did not like the "free Style" dinning and said that to be sure they dinned when and where they wanted, someone had to make a reservation that morning. However they loved the ship and the cruise, I don't recall any other innovation that they mentioned but I'm sure other cruise chat people will help.
Old 06-18-2008, 02:27 PM
Blue Jays-we cruised the Gem in January/February and found the beginnings of F2 in progress. In many instances (i.e. bedding,food quality,coffee quality,number of offerings) there were marked improvements. In others-namely reservations for specialty restaurants-things were not so great. We are cruising the Spirit in Sept. and the Dawn in Oct. of this year-I will be able to better advise at that time.

BillyBuzzy
Old 06-18-2008, 10:08 PM
We very much enjoyed the Freestyle dining when we sailed on the NCL Wind. It allowed us to eat when we wanted to and not when we had to. Some nights we wanted to eat early and other nights we chose to eat at 8 or 9pm.

We never made reservations except for the one night we ate at the restaurant that had a cover charge. We found if you want to eat at the busiest time you should have a reservation. Otherwise we never waited more than 15 - 20 minutes for a table.

We were also asked if we wanted to join another table. If yes we would be seated almost immediately. If we wanted to dine alone we would have a small wait. The only downfall is if you enjoy your waiter you do not see him every night like on set dining times but we were told we could always request a specific waiter if you dined in the same restaurant. Also if you do not like your table mates you know the next night will be other mates or not.

We were planning on sailing the Pearl in Nov and looking forward to the freesyle dining but yesterday we changed it to HAL new ship Eurodam.
Old 06-19-2008, 04:56 AM

Thank you for the information. The biggest complaint that I have read about is some of the food quality on the Pride Of America. The 2.0 upgrade was suppose to address this area. It looks like NCL is heading in the right direction.
Old 06-19-2008, 08:59 AM
BlueJays-We have had several cruises on NCL's newer ships over the last three years and we have never had a complaint regarding the food or the meals or freestyle versus conventional cruising. We enjoy the differences between the various cruise lines. It was obvious aboard the Gem in January that there were changes-pretty much for the better.

BillyBuzzy
Old 07-09-2008, 04:34 PM
14 cruises with NCL and all have been good to great....The Jewel and Pearl were wonderful, and now with 2.0 coming on board, they should be even better...I'm going on the Pearl again in Jan or Feb....Happy cruising...

Bob E
Old 07-10-2008, 07:12 AM

Billybuzzy, we'll be on the Spirit just a couple of sailings before you and your number 1. This will be my first experience with the Freestyle 2.0, so I'm looking forward to it! I'll try and report as soon as I return! If only I could find someone who would pay my way on each and every cruise ship so I could write reviews, I'd have a job I could honestly say I loved. Anyone hiring?
Old 07-20-2008, 09:59 AM

I have been on NCL since the freestyle 2.0 has been implemented (only 2.0 the past two months) It is different than the regular freestyle in that they give you champagne upon your arrival and the restaurant menus have been totally revamped. We didn't notice too many changes since I think the majesty has not implemented them all due to the ship only on lease as they don't own her anymore.
NCL - Dreamward 97
NCL - Crown 98
CCL - Victory 01
CCL - Fantasy 02
NCL - Majesty 07 and 08
CCL - Sensation 08
Old 07-20-2008, 10:12 AM
When we cruised on the Gem in January 08 the beginnings of F2 were already underway and wewere greeted with Champagne and enjoyed the upgraded bedding in the stateroom. We could not be certain that the menus had been revised as the Gem was in her inaugural season but lobster offerings were absolutely minimal. Reservations were somewhat difficult for the specialty restaurants-even with the blacony cabin. In all, it was a great cruise!

BillyBuzzy

Closed Thread

Tags
20, card, cruis, cruising, drink, freestyle, ncl, review