Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2004, 06:00 AM

I have read some reviews that booking your own shore excursions at port can save you more than 50% off the NCL on board price. Is this true? If so, has anyone booked the jungle/tubing excursion, in Belize, on their own? What did you pay?
Old 08-30-2004, 06:00 AM

I have read some reviews that booking your own shore excursions at port can save you more than 50% off the NCL on board price. Is this true? If so, has anyone booked the jungle/tubing excursion, in Belize, on their own? What did you pay?
Old 08-30-2004, 05:43 PM

blarios

You can book a shore excrusion on your own most of the time for far less on the dock than through the ship. I think that is true of almost all excurisions. I don't know about the particular one you mentioned.

Charles
Old 10-21-2004, 08:42 AM

Blarios,

We are going on the Sea Nov 13-20th. I booked the cave tubing in Belize through XStream tours. Only $65 with tax vs. $98 through Norwegian. They said the Norwegian tours are huge and people are bumping into each other. Xstream limits theirs to 14 people and if the tour is cancelled due to weather or high water they try to get you into one of their other tours or refund your deposit.
Old 10-23-2004, 07:00 AM

We are going on the sea nov 13-20 and we booked with reggies cave tubing, they have a limit of 14, we paid 65.00 I read on the reviews that reggies are good too, I also seen extreme, they looked fun. I heard that ncl's excursions are fully booked and that you move really slow b/c of the amount of people.
Old 11-07-2004, 11:17 AM

We just got back from the Pride of Aloha and did not book a single excursion on the ship.

I have found when cruising that you can simply walk off the ship onto the dock and there are plenty of tour operators who will can give you a better deal on an excursion than you will get on the ship.

Do some searching online for excursions in each country you go to. Just keep in mind that you must ensure you are back to the ship before it sails.

Closed Thread

Tags
belize, book, booking, carnival, cruise, excursion, excursions, ncl, shore