Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2006, 07:55 PM

LOL! You'll not only get a towel elephant, you can even attend a class in Galaxy and learn how to make them! Beware of the towel cobra... We walked into our room and my 12 yr old daughter started laughing. "Look Mom, it's a towel pen*s!" I swear,that's exactly what it looked like.

They also offer wireless internet service if you bring your own laptop, despite the fact that you're not allowed to bring your own laptop. Interesting note here - my son's laptop, tablet with newer technology, picked up the network and he was able to use it with no problems. Without buying minutes. And we didn't get into any trouble for bringing an IPOD, electronic camera, etc.

They do seem to enforce the no money policy. They try many different ways to get you to part with it if you've brought it!
Old 03-15-2006, 09:28 AM

Thanks for that - you made me laff and believe me, I needed that today at work.

The cobra is one to look out for then! I just hope they don't make giraffes!!

I'll let you know how I get on - I am very excited now.
Old 03-15-2006, 03:13 PM

You'll have fun, I'm sure! It's a cruise after all!
Old 03-21-2006, 03:30 PM

If it is screw-top, do you still have to pay the "corkage fee"?
Old 03-22-2006, 01:20 PM
Banned

A bottle of wine is wine, whether it has a cork stopper or not.
Old 03-28-2006, 05:25 AM

hi all,
Sorry if this seems a bit dim but why no money? Surely on a european cruise you need to have euros to spend when you are ashore! I am really confused please help me to understand
regards
ann
Old 03-28-2006, 12:34 PM

I'd be willing to bet the 'rules' are just to cover their butts. Of course you have to bring money. But if your money is stolen, it's not their responsibility, right? They told you not to bring any to begin with.

Just as no computers. Amazing that they offer wireless access for YOUR laptop - that you can't bring anyway.

A CYA move, that's all.
Old 03-28-2006, 03:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Heidi528:
I'd be willing to bet the 'rules' are just to cover their butts. Of course you have to bring money. But if your money is stolen, it's not their responsibility, right? They told you not to bring any to begin with.
Just as no computers. Amazing that they offer wireless access for YOUR laptop - that you can't bring anyway.
A CYA move, that's all.
You are correct. NCL says not to bring these because they don't want to reimburse you if something gets lost or breaks during handling.
You bring them at your own risk......
Old 03-29-2006, 11:07 AM

Question:

I have been on other Cruise lines where I was allowed to bring one bottle of Champagne on board with me. It would have to be for a special occasion, birthday, honeymoon, anniversary...

Two years ago it was my honeymoon and last year my anniversary and I had no problem at all.

Does anyone know if Norwegian allows this?
Old 03-29-2006, 01:17 PM

Hi Ronnie,
no cruise line is happy, if you will bring "stuff" on board. No matter, if it is wine, beer, champagne or so. Sometimes you have to pay corkmoney (about 2 to 3 us$)for each bottel of wine, you will bring on board. Search for a pritty nice fare - and pay the price on board. It is cheaper than to bring your bottle with you official. In Europe cruise lines will not be so profound. But there are other rules for youngsters.

Uwe

Closed Thread

Tags
alcahol, alcohol, carry, cruise, embarkation, include, line, ncl, norwegian, order, price, room, searched, service, ship, wine