Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2006, 04:50 PM
Banned

Ron Clark-What's the typical daily tip for a butler/conciege if you're in a Penthouse suite on NCL? Category AC.
Old 12-08-2006, 01:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Richard & Mary:
Ron Clark-What's the typical daily tip for a butler/conciege if you're in a Penthouse suite on NCL? Category AC.
There is no recommended guidance. Tip the butler and concierge according to how much you use them.
I would think if you use both of them a lot, $5 per day for each should be enough. IF I didn't use one as much as the other, I would think you would still divide the tip between them with that extra $10 per day.
Old 12-20-2006, 09:17 PM
I just completed a cruise aboard the Dawn on 12/17/06 and I found that the 10.00/day/person service charge was posted to my account daily and not at the end of the cruise as others have indicated.

BillyBuzzy
Old 12-20-2006, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by billybuzzy:
I just completed a cruise aboard the Dawn on 12/17/06 and I found that the 10.00/day/person service charge was posted to my account daily and not at the end of the cruise as others have indicated.

BillyBuzzy

But you normally see it the last day when you get the balance!!!

Of course it is booked day by day and as NCL request: if you have reasons to be unsatisfied you should go asap to give them a chance to improve the service as you want need. If you do it the very last day before disembarquation and you ask your cancellation or adjustment as you did not get the expected the service you thought - I think then it's too late - you had no fun of your cruise - and NCL had no chance to do it better.

Regards + Happy Holidays + Happy New Year + Happy Cruising
HeinBloed
Old 12-30-2006, 02:50 PM

IT HAS BEEN OUR EXPERIENCE THAT THE $10.00 PER PERSON TIP IS WELL DESERVED. WE HAVE ALWAYS HAD EXCELLENT SERVICE. MORE OFTEN THAN NOT THE STAFF WENT OUT OF THEIR WAY FOR US. WE HAVE NEVER ADJUSTED THE TIP AMOUNT BUT IF WE FELT THAT SOMEONE WAS LESS DESERVING THAN ANOTHER WE HAVE PORTIONED OUT THE TIP ACCORDINGLY. EX. WE ONLY HAD DINNER IN THE MAIN DINING ROOM ONCE ON ONE CRUISE. SO WE ADJUSTED THE TIP THERE AND GAVE OUR ROOM ATTENDENT MORE.
Old 12-30-2006, 04:31 PM
Administrator

Remember that the dining room waiters and assistant waiters also do double-duty in the buffet and other dining areas -- so even if pax don't use the main dining rooms, the dining staff should still be tipped accordingly.
Old 12-30-2006, 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by mary b.:
EX. WE ONLY HAD DINNER IN THE MAIN DINING ROOM ONCE ON ONE CRUISE. SO WE ADJUSTED THE TIP THERE AND GAVE OUR ROOM ATTENDENT MORE.
You mean you only ate one meal onboard your whole cruise?
Alexandr Pushkin, Carnival-Holiday, HAL-(old)Westerdam, Orient lines-Marco Polo, Royal Olympic-Olympic, NCL-Dream, Dawn-Princess, ACCL-Grande Caribe, Oceania-Insignia (3), Regatta(4) Marina (1) St Lawrence Cruise Lines-Canadian Empress

FUTURE CRUISES:
Scenic River cruise June 11,2012

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, cruiseline, cruises, daily, dec, gratuities, gratuity, lawrence, line, mexico, ncl, norwegian, st, tip, tipping