Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Norwegian Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/norwegian-cruise-line/)
-   -   Additional NCL invoice 7 days after disembarkation (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/norwegian-cruise-line/15565-additional-ncl-invoice-7-days-after-disembarkation.html)

koggi 10-28-2008 12:20 PM

First, I really enjoyed my stay on NCL (Western Mediterranean Sea cruise) in autumn 2008. But...
The final NCL Gem invoice I received on the day of the disembarkation was o.k. considering my records during the cruise. But I was very surprised that NCL has debited directly an additional amount of money exactly seven days after my disembarkation. I noticed this when checking my monthly credit card bill. Therefore I called the German office of NCL and they told me, that it was not the first time, that this problem occured. NCL has no explanation for this they said at the telephone. I still wait for the answer and for my money... Is there anybody with such experiences ?

LisaP 10-28-2008 02:57 PM

Hi koggi, and welcome to cruise-chat.com!

In the States, we can contact our credit card company, who will then deal directly with the vendor. I don't know if you have the same option in Germany. In any case, I know from disputes I've had with other companies eventually worked out, but took at least few weeks. Keep us posted. I'm hopeful you'll have good news soon.

penny3333 10-29-2008 08:55 AM

This was a credit card and not a debit card, I hope. If it was a debit card, call your bank. Did NCL tell you they would take care of this? If they didn't, please try calling your credit card company as Lisa said. If NCL stated they would take care of it, please keep in contact with them and try to talk to the same person each time, so they don't forget to help you.

koggi 10-29-2008 10:44 AM

Thank you both for your answers. NCL has answered in the meantime. It will take some days for checking this on the ship. I will wait for the final answer and give them a chance. Independent from that, my credit card (resp. my bank) allows 60 days for complaints. So there is no risk for me at the moment. But I wanted to post this in the chat because it seems to be, that it may happen sometimes. And all the NCL passengers should check the credit card bills carefully also some days after the disembarkation.

Berick1234 10-29-2008 12:42 PM

Hope you get a resolution to the billing...I've never had a problem...well at least I don't think I did:-)....but will double check from now on too....Thanks for the posting....Happy sailing...

Bob E

koggi 11-04-2008 08:59 AM

In the meantime we`ve got an answer from NCL. First they said, that we have consumed drinks from the Mini-Bar after the board account was closed in the last night. If that would be really true, we would have the greatest difficulty to leave the ship next morning... I asked NCL again for the signed bills of that night. The answer was: „Sorry, we will remit the money to your account.“ Obviously they did a mistake and I appreciate, that they apologized for this. Nevertheless, please check your bills carefully after the cruise.