Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2007, 02:36 PM

Hi- will be on NCL Pearl sailing May 27th to Alaska-first cruise- but have seen so many negatives about NCL! Did I choose the wrong line? Also any others from Phoenix on that cruise?
Old 04-20-2007, 04:02 PM

The Pearl is a very nice ship. I got a free cruise on her but haven't scheduled it yet. I have booked many in the short time she's been sailing and all the surveys I've recieved back from clients have been very positive. NCL does have some issues and there are ships I not only don't recommend but try my best to get people to consider other alternatives when the call to inquire on. Pearl will be a very good experience for you.

Happy sailing, Neil
Old 04-20-2007, 05:12 PM
We've been on 14 cruises with NCL and have always had a good time...some times were better than others, but that goes with just about anything....Two trips to Alaska on the NCL Sky (which is now in Hawaii) and the Sun. We like Freestyle cruising and i personally don't think you will have any problems...especially on a new ship...We were on the Jewel last year and WOW.....You get out of cruise what you put into it....Like I said, All cruise are good, some are just better than others...Enjoy Alaska and I can almost guarantee that you will go back...

Bob E
Old 04-20-2007, 05:55 PM
Banned

The Pearl is NCL's newest ship, which usually attracts NCL's best crew members. It's also is the only NCL ship with Glacier Bay on it's Alaskan itineraries.

You made a wise choice, as it offers the best cruising experience NCL has. I'm not suggesting the other choices NCL has for Alaska are bad.

I agree with Berick, how successful your cruise is really depends upon you. Go with a bad attitude, you'll have a bad cruise.

If you check out the reviews, especially the bad ones carefully, you'll usually see one bad experience overblown way out of proportion, so much that it affected their vacation.

Also, many of the bad reviews are for ships sailing around Hawaii with relative inexperienced American crews. Here's the best news, the Pearl is manned with an experienced International crew.
Old 04-20-2007, 08:51 PM
Banned

Off the Pearl on Feb 11th, Penthouse # 9500 and will be back on May 20th on the same Alaska cruise as you just a week before. We loved the Pearl, great service, great ship. I just can't see how anyone can be disapointed with this ship. Some of the upper executives will not be on this cruise as in Feb as they have rotated, like Hotel Director Klaus Lugmeir and Ruth Hagger the Concierge. A few other I suspect also, but be prepared for a beautiful oceanliner and excellent staff. See my photoshow of Pearl at:

www.photoshow.com/members/dziak2

We are very excited about Alaska and glad to be back on the Pearl a ship we already know is 1st Class. This time we have a balcony suite and will certainly miss the Penthouse.

Just remember, that the cruise experience is what you make it. There is not such a thing as total perfection with any trip.....but you may find it here if you remain open minded. You will be one or two from a passenger total of well over 2200+ people.

Enjoy, enjoy, and make it the best, and it will be the best.

Richard & Mary

Diamond Princess Dec 3rd,2007 14 day to Hawaii
Old 04-23-2007, 01:43 PM

thanks every one for your responses! I am so excited about going that I think about anything could happen and I would still have a good time. I have re-read some downer posts and wonder if those people are just "unhappy" or had an experience that is unlikely to happen again! My concern is with the complaints about the service and happy to hear that because ship is new that the "best" will be on board. Will English be the first language for most of the crew. My son went on cruise last year and said his crew had hard time understanding him? Also does anyone know about mosquitos being so bad around end of May- first of June?
Old 04-23-2007, 03:40 PM

The insect issue begins very late in the Alaska season so if that was a concern you booked at the right time.

Cheers, Neil
Old 04-23-2007, 08:57 PM
New2Cruise-We recently took our first NCL cruise (Dec 2006) aboard the Dawn. We have cruised many other cruiselines over the last 20 years. Like yourself we had concerns over sailing NCL because of the negative comments we had seen posted. Fear Not! The newer ships of NCL are some of the finest ships afloat! We had our best cruise ever and rebooked NCL for 2008!
Relax and enjoy-your in for a wonderful experience!

Bon Voyage,

BillyBuzzy
Old 04-24-2007, 01:10 PM

Thanks for all your comments- I am going to relax and just enjoy it. Still looking for anyone from Phoenix or anyone going on the Pearl May 27th to Alaska.

Closed Thread