Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2009, 07:00 AM
What a mistake to book on NCL. The food in the buffet was sloppy and lazy,no good food in aqua, my lobster was grilled dry,my grupper still had scales on it.the salsa reasturant was good,if it wernt for hot dogs and hamburgats i would have starved,and we was not the only people upset.they took us out on whale watching excursion in 10-15ft waves it was very scary.some people had panic attacks we had to turn the boat around 15 min into it,you think we got a refund HELL NO!!.it should have been cancled but there was 200 of us in 10 boats at a #100.00 a pop.ncl wanted that #20,000.00 more!!.in usvi our appointed excursion driver was smoking pot and drinking while we where at the beach!!.bvi was awesome,and great stirrup was just ok, it seems they make the food so bad in the buffet and the free dinning rooms they force you to eat in the pay dinning rooms just to get a good meal, they only got $36.00 from me!!!. the shows where the beat i have ever seen out of the other 12 i have been on.I WILL NEVER DO NCL AGAIN.I WILL POST MORE REVIEWS ON OTHER SITE WARNING PEOPLE OF THIS CRACKER JACK CRUISELINE

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 02-18-2009, 07:00 AM
What a mistake to book on NCL. The food in the buffet was sloppy and lazy,no good food in aqua, my lobster was grilled dry,my grupper still had scales on it.the salsa reasturant was good,if it wernt for hot dogs and hamburgats i would have starved,and we was not the only people upset.they took us out on whale watching excursion in 10-15ft waves it was very scary.some people had panic attacks we had to turn the boat around 15 min into it,you think we got a refund HELL NO!!.it should have been cancled but there was 200 of us in 10 boats at a #100.00 a pop.ncl wanted that #20,000.00 more!!.in usvi our appointed excursion driver was smoking pot and drinking while we where at the beach!!.bvi was awesome,and great stirrup was just ok, it seems they make the food so bad in the buffet and the free dinning rooms they force you to eat in the pay dinning rooms just to get a good meal, they only got $36.00 from me!!!. the shows where the beat i have ever seen out of the other 12 i have been on.I WILL NEVER DO NCL AGAIN.I WILL POST MORE REVIEWS ON OTHER SITE WARNING PEOPLE OF THIS CRACKER JACK CRUISELINE

Old 02-18-2009, 08:26 AM

Tell us how you really feel, tim c. Sorry to hear you didn't like NCL, but the excursions have nothing to do with them. They are outside vendors who contract with the cruise line. We found the food on the NCL Sky was great, my co-worker hasn't stopped raving about the Dawn, they loved her, but I'm sure everyone has their own likes and dislikes. It's obvious you didn't like her. I can honestly say I've never heard of anyone starving to death on any cruise ship. It doesn't sound like you liked the ports much either. Sure hope your next experience, where ever that may be is a much more pleasant one. Best wishes!
Old 02-18-2009, 10:27 AM

tim c—I hope Richard and Mary don't read your post!

Sonny

Old 02-18-2009, 06:29 PM
tim c

I just had to laugh when I read your review,
it seems there isn't anything that would have made you happy and now you want to go on other sites and slam NCL. Have you ever been happy on other cruise lines.

Old 02-18-2009, 07:04 PM
yes i have, i would not slam anyone if it where not true. this cruise was a total screw up, i love to go on cruises,and we went on this one to have a good time,not all cruiselines are perfect and i understand that but this cruiseline didnt even get close, and i thought that was ashame. we loved the ship itself probably one of the nicest but the experence we had on her was sad.

Old 02-18-2009, 08:55 PM
I've been on 15 NCL cruises and NEVER have had this problem with any of their ships....I just can't imagine it being that bad.....The worse cruise I've ever been wasn't that bad....Must be in the eyes of the beholder.....Happy cruising to the rest of us...

Bob E
Old 02-18-2009, 09:16 PM

tim c, so sorry your cruise was such a disaster. Luckily, you've had better times on other cruise lines, so that you don't have to patronize a cruise line you don't like.

NCL has been around a very long time with lots of repeat cruisers, so I assume not everyone had the kind of experience you did.

Had your travel agent indicated s/he thought NCL was a good match for you? Was your agent able to be your advocate with NCL regarding some of the issues you had with them?

Sandy
Old 02-18-2009, 09:53 PM

I hate to hear of anyone having a vacation ruined. If it makes you feel any better, my cruise was one of the best I ever took. The food was outstanding, the entertainment was top notch, the ship was immaculate; the staff was super friendly, and it was a 14 night cruise for the price of a 7 night cruise. However, it was on another cruise line. Hint: The one that has the super mega ships with ice skating rink.

Hope my post made you feel a little better…

Sonny

Old 02-19-2009, 04:11 AM
I didnt use a travel agent, we booked straight with NCL, we just thought that we enjoyed cruising so much that it would be the same experience like we have on Carnival,and Royal Carribean. They sent us a survey and i have filled it out,TRUST ME,we wanted to have a great vacation but it didnt happen, We like the freestyle concept,but come on,not everyone wants to eat in a pay reasturant every nite.so serve good meals in the others,try to get the scales off the fish!!!. we are sad that this happen because we live for our cruises

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, dawn, reviews, vendors