Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2010, 01:42 PM

Ok, can someone tell me exactly what they do at the New York port as far as check in. I can pretty much guess that they x-ray the carry on bag but do they do that with checked luggage? Also, will you have to walk through a court type of metal detector before you board? Just curious because I hate those things...lol and want to know how long it will be to board (approx). Getting down to the wire...couldn't be more excited for my way too belated honeymoon!!!
Old 04-06-2010, 04:00 PM

Yes, they do put everything through the x-ray as far as I know. You leave your checked bags with the porters outside the terminal so I didn't actually see that part, but I think it's common practice at all ports.

Your carry on is x-rayed in front of you and you do have to walk through a metal detector. It's sensitive enough that I saw people having to remove a cell-phone from a pocket, but my husband didn't have to remove his belt.

Enjoy your honeymoon.
Judy
Old 05-13-2010, 11:17 AM

Check out turned out to be pretty easy and quick. So was getting through customers..though I'm not sure it would have been so quick if my husband hadn't had a black eye and me a broken wrist due to our acciden tin Bermuda. Overall, the experience was phenominal except for that...lol
Old 05-13-2010, 03:13 PM

Ok, you need to tell me more. What on earth happened to you in Bermuda? I hope you enjoyed your honeymoon.

Judy
Old 05-13-2010, 03:18 PM

Nevermind -- I should have looked further. I see it was a moped accident. You sound like people with wonderful attitudes to still enjoy your trip even after such an accident.

Good for you.
Judy

Closed Thread

Tags
bermuda, bring, check, checkin, cruise, dawn, gem, line, lock, luggaage, luggae, luggage, norwegian, port, york