Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2006, 12:48 PM

hi iam going on a baltic cruise in august i am wordering should i pack warm clothes because we are going to places like russia,sweden &germany e.t.c ???
Old 05-16-2006, 06:19 PM
Banned

You're going in August.

St.Petersburg's climate report:
Temperature (Fahrenheit)
.....JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec
High.24.25.34.46.60.66.70.66.56.45.35.28
Low..15.16.24.33.44.52.56.54.45.37.28.20

Dover's climate report:
.....JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec
High.44.45.49.54.61.66.71.71.65.58.50.46
Low..34.34.36.38.44.50.53.52.48.44.38.36

Would you pack a heavy coat for London, or a light coat? The average temperatures are almost the same......
Old 05-17-2006, 04:14 AM

thanks ron i'am also wondering if you have been on the dreaam is it really that bad also is there teen entertainment.
Old 05-17-2006, 02:48 PM
Banned

Nothing is really as bad as they write in reviews.

But nothing is as good either. Take reviews you may read on the internet with skeptism. Many reviewers are angry over something that isn't the cruise line or ship's crew fault.

Just recently I read someone complaining about losing jewery in a check in bag. Just about everyone recommends keeping valuables in carry-on bags. Who's ultimately responible for your jewery? You are. But because of this incident, which is unforunate, they state they will never take another NCL cruise.

I've also read a review complaining the unionized longshoremen dropped bags into a puddle of water. Well, piers do get wet when it rains. If the bags were water resistant, should there be any damage to what's inside the bags? I doubt it. But this person believes NCL is responsible. According to the cruise contract, NCL is not. I understand their disappointment, but does this one incident make their NCL cruise the worse cruise ever?
Passengers fall off ships and die. Now that should qualify as the worse cruise possible in my book.
My point is, look to see if they have a motive to paint NCL in terrible light. Often they do, and it distorts their reviews........

The Dream is in excellent shape, well kept, and with a great "International" crew. It was built in an era when the purpose of cruises was to get away and relax in foreign ports, not as a resort by itself. It's not a designation, but a means to get to a designation comfortably. If you understand the last, you'll have a great cruise aboard the Dream.......
Old 05-18-2006, 09:40 AM

We went on the Dream to Alaska last September. We, too, were worried about all the horrible reviews we read, and even considered cancelling the cruise. We were so glad we didn't. The cruise was fabulous! This was during the time when one engine was out. The food was great, and also the entertainment. Yes, it's not a new ship, but everything was well kept and clean. Just remember, a cruise is what you make of it. If you want to complain and nit-pick about everything, you'll ruin your cruise. Nothing is perfect. Have a good attitude and you'll have a wonderful time. Happy cruising!!
Old 05-18-2006, 04:17 PM

thanks Ron.c & FLAcuiser y uhave really helped me its good to know someone had a nice time on the ship i'am looking forward too the dream more now i was worried but i know there is no reason to be. i suppose i was looking and remembering all the negative review instead of the postive.

<3cruise<3

Closed Thread