Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2005, 06:20 AM

We are cruising on the Sun, Jan 15th, first time cruiser's. We are bringing our two daughters, 8 and 4, has anyone brought their children ? Did they visit the childrens club? What types of things did you do with them? Any special excursions? We did book the cave tubing in Belize and were thinking of the "Jolly Roger Pirate ship" In Caymen? Any and all tip's would be very much appreciated. Thanks!!
Old 01-05-2005, 06:20 AM

We are cruising on the Sun, Jan 15th, first time cruiser's. We are bringing our two daughters, 8 and 4, has anyone brought their children ? Did they visit the childrens club? What types of things did you do with them? Any special excursions? We did book the cave tubing in Belize and were thinking of the "Jolly Roger Pirate ship" In Caymen? Any and all tip's would be very much appreciated. Thanks!!
Old 01-05-2005, 06:26 AM

katzy2,

welcome to Cruise-Chat.com.

What's the name of the ship you will be going on? Most of NCL's newer ships have excellent facilities for children.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 01-05-2005, 07:09 AM

I'm sorry, forgot to mention we will be on the Sun.
quote:
Originally posted by Raoul Fiebig:
katzy2,

welcome to Cruise-Chat.com.

What's the name of the ship you will be going on? Most of NCL's newer ships have excellent facilities for children.
Old 01-05-2005, 08:13 AM

Hola from Mexico!

Your daughters will have a wonderful time. Without question they will be spending a good amount of time in the children's club and with other kids. We cruised with our son when he wa that age and he loved it. The Sun is a great ship, you guys will have a wonderful time.

Tom
Old 01-05-2005, 12:10 PM

My daughter has been cruising since she was four (she's now 22) and has enjoyed each and every one of her cruises. Within their fleet, the NCL Star and Sun have particularly good children's programs. They will certainly have a great time. I do not think they offer special shore excursions, but on sea days they will have many options.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 01-29-2005, 10:09 AM

Well, we made it back after an extra 3 days in Miami due to the snow in Boston. The cruise was just the best! Anyone questioning about bring children deffenately should. The girls had so much stuff to do and were treated like little princesses by all. Both my girls said before the cruise they werent interested in the "kids korner" once there and reading the daily activities they begged to go to kids korner. The crew there,"sassy cassy", "kokonut", and were exceptional!
We didn't get to go to Grand Caymen because of the rough seas, that was very disappointing, after that we went to the Tananyana beach party in Roatan, kind of pricey, if I had to do it over I would get a taxi and go to half moon bay( same beach) taxi would be about $30 one way, but the beach party cost about $160?? In Belize we did the cave tubing through Extreme Excursions.com , Thomas and Richard are incredable, the care they give to the children to make them comfortable is something you can't teach! It was an experience of a life time! The water is chrystal clear, the caves are amazing, optional BBQ at the end for $5 bucks is the best $5 bucks you'll spend on the entire trip! In Cozumel we shopped in the morning and took a taxi to Chababub??(sp) park in the afternoon. Taxi was $10 one way and the admission to the park was around $50 for all 4 of us. This park was great, the beach is very nice and the Snorkelling is superior, next time we will forget about the shopping and spend all day there, they do dolphin encounters by the way. Any questions feel free to e-mail me at katzy2@yahoo.com..... take care!
Old 01-29-2005, 01:18 PM

We always made excuses to leave the kids home so we could enjoy time with each other. While we totally enjoyed those many cruises, I now wish I had brought our three daughters. Now I have six almost seven grandkids, and plan on bringing the whole family (2+3+7=12) one day soon.

David
Old 01-29-2005, 01:46 PM

Glad to hear you had a great trip. - snow..I hadnt thought that you would have to miss a port. Were you informed in advance, or did they just hold off shore or move on. We are bringing a pretty active 19 mth old on the Sun on Feb. 19. We have Chubalub? park also set for the day with shops at end. Good to see its nice. The cruise line said kids under 8 could not do the tubing, looks fun but our guys to small. Many excursions in Belize they also axed on us but will check with locals. Was it hard to get threw security or board with the kids. Also did you see any little guys at kids club under 2?
Old 01-29-2005, 03:34 PM

I decided to try something else instead of the Cave tubing in Belize. I have signed up for a Shark/Ray Snorkel and CayeCaulker Exploration in Belize. Has anyone ever done this let me know. I have also booked the Tour of the Tulum Mayan Ruins in Cozumel, This is through the Cruise line. Has anyone ever been left at port before? What can you do to get back onto the ship? I guess this is my greatest fear. But I hope to have fun.

Closed Thread

Tags
children, cruising, katzy2yahoocom