Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2007, 08:49 AM

Ok I know about trying to carry Booze onto a NCL ship but what about Bottle Water and Soda. I spoke to a NCL customer service rep yesterday and she said you could not but she sounded very unsure. Need to find out the facts I drink alot of water. Thanks
Old 08-01-2007, 01:19 PM
Pack a large plastic cup/glass/Big Gulp container with a lid - fill it with ice and water from the buffet. Beats lugging bottles of water if allowed. You can also purchase bottles of water onboard, but it's expensive. We have water bottles with an insulated strapped cover which we use (you'll also be offered a water bottle cover on board... be warned, it will only fit the bottles sold there).
Old 08-01-2007, 02:29 PM
It's easier and safer to buy what you need on board....plus you don't have to worry about something leaking in your baggage.....My wife brings an insulated traveling mug and fills it with iced tea from the buffet....works just great....Happy Cruising...

Bob E
Old 08-01-2007, 03:14 PM

You may not bring anything onto a NCl Vessel such as a liquid or prepared food. Remember you TSA requirments. 2000 passengers would be a juicy high value target and get a lot of press. It would be too easy to start a fire on board. You can bring your cosmetics and lotions and so forth. It gets me every time passengers will shell out $2500 and want to bring their own H2O on a Liner. Is it Kubala water?!
Old 08-01-2007, 03:22 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Utility Galley POH:
You may not bring anything onto a NCl Vessel such as a liquid or prepared food.
So NCL provides baby food for the passengers?
Old 08-15-2007, 10:18 AM

What kind of Soda do they offer on NCL cruises (specifically the cruise ship Jewel)? Is soda free during meals? What about other times?
Old 08-15-2007, 12:34 PM

It used to be that soda was included in the cost of your cruise. Now soda is extra (although there are some cruise lines that still include it). yes soda is extra, but normally coffee, tea, ice tea, lemonade, milk and juices are still included.

A glass of soda can run you about $2.00. Or you can buy what they card a drink card that allows you to get unlimited soda for a set fee. (which varies from cruise line to cruise line) It is typically about $45 for a 7 day cruise. Most people find it difficult to drink enough soda to make that work out. However, the card for kids is less expensive and may be worth it.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 08-15-2007, 04:37 PM
Banned

Been on many NCL ships......never had any problem bringing bottled water or sodas back on ship from a port of entry. Never carried water bottles on ship during embarkation. Suggest you simply drink the water on the ship. It is filtered, tested and probably better than the water you get at home. If you want bottled water, expcet to pay. Nothing is free, except iced tea, coffee, water, milk with dinners. Otherwise after dining hours, expect to pay for coffee. Sodas priced at 1.75 per can plus auto gratuity of 15%......not worth the time and effort to lug heavy water bottles...and if you drink lots of water, you would probably need a couple of cases.

Richard & Mary
NCL Platinum Latitudes
Old 08-15-2007, 04:39 PM
Administrator

Hello Boneman and Mary Ann, and welcome to cruise-chat.

I must say, this is a bit confusing. I went to the NCL Web site for the official word (click HERE), and was met with a possibly misplaced comma -- "(no) intoxicating liquors, or beverages, firearms..." (Doesn't anyone proofread these things?) So should that be: no intoxicating liquors (pause), or (any) beverages, firearms... OR no intoxicating liquors or beverages, firearms, etc.

In any case, I would be fairly certain that bottled water would not be a problem -- worst they could do is take it away. Still, I agree with Berick that it's not worth the hassle.
Old 08-19-2007, 08:21 AM
Administrator

Sometimes I should take my own advice and look at the rules as spelled out in the guest ticket contract. NCL's is found HERE. While "intoxicating" beverages are specifically mentioned in the Forbidden Articles clause (see 4(e)), there does not appear to be a provision that restricts bringing bottled water or other non-alcoholic beverages onboard.

Closed Thread

Tags
bottle, bottled, bottles, bring, bringing, cruise, free, line, liquid, ncl, norwegian, policy, ship, soda, water