Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Norwegian Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/norwegian-cruise-line/)
-   -   Jewel (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/norwegian-cruise-line/16698-jewel.html)

DONNADEE 06-01-2007 06:10 AM

Do they sell alcohol cards on the Jewel? I know they all have soda cards but I was wondering about alcohol cards.

Berick1234 06-01-2007 06:59 AM

I've never heard about alcohol cards....Everything gets charged to your ships card....Just watch your intake...your liquor bill can add up very quickly.....Enjoy the cruise...can almost quarantee it won't be your last...I've been on the Jewel..and she is a jewel....

Bob E

Jill SC 06-01-2007 07:31 AM

They didn't have alcohol cards but you can get a bar set up package for your room, there is a bucket of beer package (6 for 5) and on our cruise there was happy hour on most days where you could buy two for one on regular drinks (ie not fancy cocktails or the drink of the day).

TrvlPro 06-01-2007 03:53 PM

NCL does not offer drink cards that cover alcahol. In fact none of the mainstream lines offer such cards. 6 star lines have varying degrees of inclusives, some all inclusive, some X# of premium bottles of licqour. Unless you buy yourself a bon voyage gift as addressed above there will be a seperate charge for each drink.

Cheers, Neil

Berick1234 06-01-2007 05:24 PM

Just checking my Ticker...I think I goofed

DONNADEE 06-02-2007 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by DONNADEE:
Do they sell alcohol cards on the Jewel? I know they all have soda cards but I was wondering about alcohol cards.
Thank you all for the help. I did not think they had alcohol cards. A travel agent told me that they were available on the Jewel for house brands. I thank you all for your quick response.

Richard & Mary 06-02-2007 09:12 PM

Donnadee:

Been on the Jewel.......suggest that if you want a good time at a great price, attend the Martini clinics, and Margarita clinics.

The Martini clinic and Margarita clinic are hosted several times during the week for price of $15.00 each. Bartender usually makes 4-5 different Martini's and the same for Margarita's. On the Pearl May 20th to Alaska, we had 4 Martini's, some speciality that would cost $12.95 each. A classic martini is priced at $6.95.

The clinics are lots of fun, especially after about 2 drinks. After 4 your talking to everyone.

Enjoy, just a tip.

Becareful of souvinoir drinks at $8.95 for keeping the plastic glass. They aren't worth it.

Ask your travel agent for a few NCL coupon books, which we had for the Pearl for a few drink specials. They are available. The coupons offer some good deals for dining in speciality resturants also. First night of cruising speciality resturants are two for one. Just an example. We enjoyed the Lotus Garden for just $5.00 each. That's was a great deal.