Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2006, 05:39 AM

I notice a few of you are going on the Norwegian Jewel to the Med. We are going on the July 9th sailing, spending a pre day in Bercelona. Any advice for us? We are 2 families of 10 total. All kids are ages 18 - 23. The excursions sound great a little pricey though. Is it easy enough to travel to Rome and Florance with such a large group on your own? I heard that when you get to port there are plenty of guides you can grab then, but I worry about safety. Thanks for any advice you can give
Old 07-02-2006, 06:22 AM

this was my 5th cruise and i thoroughly enjoyed it...some words of advice...if youwant to dine in speciality restaurants do so well in advance as they become fully booked quickly....shows in theatre are good especially BAND ON THE RUN AND CIRC BIJOU........The boat docks in civitavecchia for rome which is about 1hr 45 mins from rome by road so can be very expensive in taxis etc..organised tour was $189 per person for rome and vatican and was 10hours long.considering we spent over 3 hours travelling and 2 hours in a queue to get into vatican city you can imagine how we were rushed about the city but was worth it.
The ship itself is new and pristine and the staff are ok but now they dont have to work for their tips you dont always get the attentiveness of other cruise ships.
tsars restaurant is beautiful...designed like a tsars palace in russia.
Garden cafe is ok but not the place for dinner. ok for a quick lunch. breakfast was ideal in the cabin delivered on time and saved the crowds.
we had a balcony cabin so say HI to 11544 on deck 11 ha ha!!!!
have a great holiday and stay away from the bingo its a rip off
gary
xx
Old 07-04-2006, 08:27 AM

I agree with garyg the shows were good. I thought the magician was abit poo...but really enjoyed The evolution of manipulation with Edge.

We ate mostly in the Garden Cafe for breakfast and lunch. The choice was immense to say the least. We ate in Cagney's and Tango's and Chin Chin's, which was the best meal of the whole cruise to me..if you like Asian food it was fab.

We didn't have any problems with the staff, all very attentive to us.

My teenagers went in and looked at their age group spot and backed out..just by talking to the other kids did they make some friends..but it was after prodding them to do so.
My youngest loved the Fyzz club and sang in there several times.
They didn't like the pools so much, the water was sea water with added chlorine.

If you are going to go to the Vatican and to see St. Peter's Basilica..make sure your knees and sholders are covered before going in. They won't let you if they aren't. Men in shorts were having to buy paper trousers if their shorts were to short, and woman with bare sholders were buying shawls from vendors outside.

All in all we loved our excursions we booked thru NCL and thought we got a great deal for our money. There were alot of ppl complaing about the Angels and Demons tour tho saying their guide didn't tell them anything about the connections to the Dan Brown book at all, and they didn't have time to see the big bang ending.

I wish it was me going again, post trip depression has settled in.......Have a wonderful time!!!
Old 07-05-2006, 04:48 PM

Thank you Gary for the update. Sounds like you had a great time. We are leaving in 2 days and are very excited. Do you know of anyone who toured Rome and Florance on their own? It sounds like it is easy enough done. Thanks again.

Closed Thread

Tags
4th, cruise, jewel, july, lucille, ncl, reviews, upgrade, yacht