Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2008, 08:09 AM

Im leaving Friday for 9 days any one else?
Old 04-01-2008, 02:25 PM
Hi to You,

Just got off the Pearl and had a great 9 day cruise....Samana wasn't worth getting off the ship unless you take the beach excursion...there are many things to do in the other ports...went deep sea fishing in St. Lucia...the ship is great....ate mostly in the Summer Palace and enjoyed the majority of the meals...the buffet is one of the better ones I've been to in 19 cruises....lots of choices..entertainment was lacking at times..great deck chairs on deck 7..great for the 3 days of cruising...Blue Lagoon was nice for any 24 hour dining...crew was great and very helpful...I've been on the Jewel, Pearl and soon on the Gem....Enjoy the cruise..

Bob e
Old 04-01-2008, 09:08 PM

Thanks for the heads up!
Old 04-02-2008, 01:40 PM

Hey..what places to eat are additional and are they worth it?

Quote:
Originally posted by Berick1234:
Hi to You,

Just got off the Pearl and had a great 9 day cruise....Samana wasn't worth getting off the ship unless you take the beach excursion...there are many things to do in the other ports...went deep sea fishing in St. Lucia...the ship is great....ate mostly in the Summer Palace and enjoyed the majority of the meals...the buffet is one of the better ones I've been to in 19 cruises....lots of choices..entertainment was lacking at times..great deck chairs on deck 7..great for the 3 days of cruising...Blue Lagoon was nice for any 24 hour dining...crew was great and very helpful...I've been on the Jewel, Pearl and soon on the Gem....Enjoy the cruise..

Bob e
Old 04-02-2008, 10:15 PM
The Italian, Tex-Mex, two main diningrooms and the Blue Lagoon are all free restaurants...all the others are an additional charge....I've found that the main restaurants are mostly well worth the time to eat there....so, I usually stay away from the extra charge restaurants...to me, they aren't worth the extra money....but then again, my wife says I'm so cheap that I can give you change for a penny...but then that's one reason we can go on 2 to 3 cruises a year....:-)

Happy Cruising...

Bob E
Old 04-03-2008, 08:46 AM

Thanks..what is the round about additional charge....also is it mandatory to dress up for certain dining rooms..thanks for all the info

Quote:
Originally posted by Berick1234:
The Italian, Tex-Mex, two main diningrooms and the Blue Lagoon are all free restaurants...all the others are an additional charge....I've found that the main restaurants are mostly well worth the time to eat there....so, I usually stay away from the extra charge restaurants...to me, they aren't worth the extra money....but then again, my wife says I'm so cheap that I can give you change for a penny...but then that's one reason we can go on 2 to 3 cruises a year....:-)

Happy Cruising...

Bob E
Old 04-03-2008, 12:01 PM
The cost goes from around $10 to $25 or so (per person)...can go higher if you order something special and have wine....I would dress nicely for the upper cost restaurants, but resort casual is exceptable...nice shirts, slacks, blouses, skirts....no shorts or halter tops...save those for the buffet....Happy crusing....

Bob E

Closed Thread

Tags
dcolascione, samana