Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2004, 01:12 PM

Hi, Taking the SuperStar Leo to Alaska on the last day of Jul thru the 7th of August. Anyone else booked for this cruise? If so, maybe we can meet onboard for dinner. Taking this cruise with my brother, his first, but he's retired Navy, me, retired Army. My wife has no desire to travel to Alaska, so I'm going. Have done Carnival, but never Norwegian Cruise Line. Should be a blast.

Hope to hear from someone.
Matt
Old 03-14-2004, 01:12 PM

Hi, Taking the SuperStar Leo to Alaska on the last day of Jul thru the 7th of August. Anyone else booked for this cruise? If so, maybe we can meet onboard for dinner. Taking this cruise with my brother, his first, but he's retired Navy, me, retired Army. My wife has no desire to travel to Alaska, so I'm going. Have done Carnival, but never Norwegian Cruise Line. Should be a blast.

Hope to hear from someone.
Matt
Old 05-30-2004, 04:12 PM

Hello Matt,
My husaband and I just got off the NCL Spirit to Alaska. The ship is very attractive. However..I don't know what type stateroom have booked, but these cabins are the smallest I have ever!!!!seen. Beware, the check in process is a nightmare, lines and more lines! The bathroom towels are as thin as a kleenex. Unless you eat at the 2 "normal" restaurants or the buffet, you will have to pay 15-20.00 per person in the other restaurants. It is a rip off! Don't get me wrong..the staff is excellent and the show's are great...but as a travel agent who has sailed 39 cruises, I would not recommend this cruise ship. If you are looking for spacious accomodations, look elsewhere.
Hope you have a good time.
Laura
Old 05-31-2004, 02:07 AM

Hello Laura,

many thanks for your comments. I am somewhat surprised to hear about the small cabins. While the ship's standard cabins are far from being very large, they are at least 150 sq.ft., which is larger than the standard cabins on many other cruise ships including other NCL ships, Princess and RCI ships, among others.

As for the "extra charge" restaurants, I see them as an extra offer. Most cruise ships offer less dining options than the NCL Freestyle ships, and from my experience there are always plenty of free alternatives, as well. I really don't like it however, if the not included restaurants don't deliver an at least very good dining experience. But fortunately I've never had a bad meal in one of NCL's alternative dining rooms.

Raoul Fiebig

Closed Thread

Tags
star, super, virgo