Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2007, 01:21 PM

Sounds pretty mediocre, Steve. Denny's sounds about right but the pun was missed because we are talking about a ship, right?

Nice thing about it is you have a recent NCL cruise under your belt and you will probably not go back. So that narrows down your choices for the next cruise. (bear with me as I attempt to draw out something positive.)

When you take your next cruise say on a premium line like, Celebrity. The service, the food, the other amenities will seem that much better!

Sorry it wasn't a great cruise for you!
Old 07-28-2007, 01:35 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by IBCRUZIN':
When deciding between NCL and Carnival, remember NCL has almost no shipboard activities and way less for the children to do.
This may be the case on NCL America's Pride of America, but I assure you it is not so on the non-US-flagged NCL cruises I have taken.

Duke, I can see how this is a tough call as you've been on NCL previously and liked the Freestyle aspect. I was on Carnival and NCL within six weeks of each other last year, and didn't note much of a difference in attire between the two lines. (Come to think of it, the Carnival cruise was 5 nights, NCL was 7.)

In this case, I might let the itinerary be a deciding factor. Are there any ports on one that appeal to you more than the other?

As far as 5- vs. 7-nights, I'd usually go for 7, but you can also stretch a 5-nighter into 7 with an extended stay in the embarkation port.
Old 07-28-2007, 07:53 PM
We've been on 18 and soon to be 19 cruises...12 have been on NCL ships....and we've never had a BAD time with NCL (maybe some weren't as good as others but still not so bad)....Freestyle is the new wave and it must be working because other shipping lines are going to it....We've never been disappointed with Freestyle...and the point of not having the same waiter each night doesn't make sense to me...I've been on other ships, had the same waiter each night and wish I hadn't...If you get a good one, it works, if you don't..it's a long cruise...What's the big deal that they know you like coffee instead of tea....you just tell them....but if that's what rocks your boat...go for it...There isn't one ship out there that is perfect....each has it's plus and minuses....Just go and have a Great time...and yes, a 7 day cruise always trumps a 5 day cruise...Happy Sailing...

Bob E
Old 07-28-2007, 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by drlivingston:
NCL doesn't have chocolate melting cake...
You know what???
Before discovering cruise-chat I have already traveled with carnival
And I never tasted the melting chocolate cake…
During my last cruise on the Carnival Destiny I found it every single day of the week on the menu, so since you talk so much about it, I taste it and know I can only say this…
YOUR WERE RIGHT!!!
Now I miss it so much that the only option is to go back in order to really appreciate the calories…LOL
Thanks for the new addiction Cruise chat
Old 07-31-2007, 06:57 PM

Went on NCL once on a cruise to Alaska. Will never cruise with them again. Food was either soso or bad. They were rude. And trying to get into the dining rooms was just a nightmare.
Go with Carnival.

Closed Thread

Tags
capacity, carnival, ccl, compare, cruise, cruises, destiny, games, imagination, kids, ncl, norwegian, party, suites, sun, veranda