Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2006, 06:42 PM

Hello,

My wife and I will be on the June 2nd Pride of Aloha cruise for our ten year anniversary. I would be interested in hearing from others that have been on or are planning on going on this cruise. What shore excurions are you planning or which ones did you enjoy in the past?

Any tips for our first cruise? We booked a balcony room with the intentions of being able to smoke on the balcony. Is this permitted?

Thanks in advance!
Old 05-09-2006, 08:46 AM

Hi- My husband and I we'll be on the pride of aloha on the 2nd of June also. I am pretty sure you can smoke on the ship. You might have to request a smoking room. We didn't plan any of NCLS excurions. We have been told they're way cheaper doing them on your own. We're just going to rent a car in most ports. This is our first cruise also. Good luck!
Old 05-09-2006, 11:18 AM

Will be on the Aloha in July. Talked to NCL yesterday. All rooms permit smoking. There
are no designations for smoking or non-smoking.
Enjoy!
Old 05-09-2006, 03:11 PM
Banned

Smoking is permitted on the balconies and in your cabin. All the restaurants and the auditoriums are non smoking areas, but most bars/lounges have smoking and non smoking areas.
Usually, on side of the open to the weather public decks is designated smoking and non smoking, which side, port or starboard, usually is ship specific.
Cigar and pipe smokers are encouraged to smoke them in the cigar smoking room only.
Old 05-09-2006, 06:54 PM

Thats great news, thanks for the fast replies!

Have any of you received your Itinerary from NCL? We received ours early this morning; I hope you all were put on a better flight schedule than us

We depart SoCal at 1pm and do not arrive until 6:30 pm! That includes "going back in time". I was hoping to have some time for snorkeling or something similar on the 2nd.

The return trip is worse, we do not leave until 11pm at night. This puts us at home a little after 10am the next day.

I am praying for some cooperation from NCL tomorrow to get some different flights scheduled.

Lesson Learned:
Book your own flight! Dont leave it in the hands of the cruise line. Yeah yeah...it usually costs more. Pay it
Old 05-09-2006, 07:58 PM

Our Itinerary hasn't come yet.
We went with hawaiian air. We fly from Seattle at 10:00AM and arrive in Maui at 12:45PM. We will be staying over in Maui on the 8th and leaving at 2:30 PM on the 9th arriving in Seattle at 10:55PM.

Yes, you may want to change your flight time. The boat doesn't leave Maui until the 3rd at 8:00 pm, right?
Old 05-27-2006, 11:27 AM

we just returned from our hawaiian cruise. we rented a car instead of going with the ship's excursion. i believe it's the best way to go. hawaii is so beautiful and each island has it's own beauty. there is no way you can see everything in one day, pick which side of the island you want to see and take your time, ex. when we were in kauai, we headed east to north on hwy 56 until it dead ends on Kee Beach. so many beautiful sites along the way. fyi Kona has bad traffic and the airport is about 20 minutes away from port so a lot of time is wasted here (from waiting to tender, then waiting for the shuttle to take you to the airport, then the rental office only had 2 clerks...then you have to return the car early (by 3:30 )you do not want to miss the ship

we had an awesome/great time...so ya'll have fun.
Old 05-29-2006, 08:55 AM
On Kauai we found a man at the Marriot hotel who offered us a tour of the island for $50.00 per person. We thought about it awhile and decided to take the tour as apposed to shopping at Wal-Mart or K-Mart. We were the only ones to take him up on the offer and I am glad we did. Since it was just my husband and myself he took his car instead of his van. He gave us a 3 1/2 hr tour and it was wonderful!. We came away with a great feel for this island. He is very knowledgable and is the only Hispanic on this island and giving tours. He specializes in tours in Spanish. Our tour was in English. This is an amazing man and told us a fasinating story of how he ended up on this island. I recommend this tour to anyone. His website is www.tresbros.com it is in Spanish but if you click on the top link contactenos you can write to him in English for information. Also down in the right hand bottom corner click on a true tale of twisted fate to read what happend to this man years ago. It is in English. You will not be dissapointed in this tour. It is the cheapest tour of the island and accoring to people who went on the ships tour ours was much more informative.

Closed Thread