Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2010, 12:34 PM
Administrator

Important notice from NCL I just received:

-------------------------------------------

Because of a late departure from dry dock, Norwegian Jewel will not arrive into New York on Sunday, December 5 as scheduled. The ship is now estimated to arrive into New York on Monday morning.

Therefore, embarkation for guests sailing on Norwegian Jewel’s December 5 Bahamas & Florida cruise is delayed and will begin at 8 am on Monday, December 6. The ship is scheduled to depart New York at noon on Monday.

Norwegian Jewel’s itinerary has been changed to accommodate the new departure time. The ship will now call in Port Canaveral, Florida on Wednesday, December 8 from 8 am to 8 pm and in Nassau, Bahamas on Thursday, December 9 from noon to 1 am.

Guests will receive a refund of 1/7 of the cruise fare paid and an onboard credit of $100 per stateroom.

Norwegian Cruise Line sincerely apologizes for this delay. We appreciate our guests understanding and cooperation.

---------------------------------------------
Old 12-04-2010, 03:15 PM
Administrator

Thanks for posting this, Dave. She's been in my neck of the woods since last week for drydock -- I saw her arrival. Thankfully, the delay is just one day. I do feel badly for those who now have to scramble for a hotel room. Fortunately, I believe many passengers on this cruise this time of year tend to be from the NYC area, although I haven't seen hard numbers on this.
Old 12-05-2010, 01:03 PM
Administrator

I just read on someone's blog that NCL is putting up pax for the night in NYC. Have just seen this one report, though, yet I don't doubt it's true. As for the ship, she's on her way... I watched her a few minutes ago. The cause of the delay, apparently, was a crane collapse on the dock yesterday morning.
Old 12-05-2010, 01:14 PM
Administrator

It isn't getting any better. The latest update:

Because of that crane collapse the ship will not arrive until sometime before noon on Monday.

Embarkation will begin at noon and the ship is scheduled to depart New York at 4 pm on Monday.
The itinerary has been revised yet again and the ship will now stop at Port Canaveral on Wednesday from 1 pm to 8 pm and at Great Stirrup Cay on Thursday from 11 am to 6 pm.

The Port Canaveral time won't allow many options for tours since you'd have to allow two hours just for the drive back and forth to Orlando. At least they'll have a beach party. Now watch it rain at the private island.

What a mess.
Old 12-05-2010, 08:28 PM
On Twitter, I saw "Norwegian Jewel" and "delays" and my heart jumped into my throat. I'm still almost two months out, so I was relieved to see that it looks like a one-time issue. I feel bad for the people affected by this though...a total bummer. I'd be pretty dismayed...not much you can do, though...

Booked on NCL Breakaway, Feb. 2014
Carnival Conquest, Feb. 2012
NCL Gem, Sept. 2011
NCL Jewel, Feb. 2011
NCL Dawn, Sept. 2010
NCL Spirit, Feb. 2010
NCL Gem, March 2009
RCCL Explorer of the Seas, Feb. 2008
Carnival Miracle, May 2007
Carnival Conquest, April 2006
Caribbean Princess, Feb. 2005

Closed Thread

Tags
arrival, cruise, december, dock, drydock, forum, jewel, location, norwegen, norwegian, ny, nyc, review, reviews, time, york