Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2002, 11:19 PM

Just a little note from a cruiser from Washington state. July 2001 we had our whole family on the Norwegian Sky to Alaska. The whole group totaled 18 people and as for the cruise I [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]can't complain too much. My complaint is with a little sham I believe has probably happened more than once or twice.
I gamble a little and play blackjack, and the cruise line just happened to have a blackjack tournament. So I entered the tournament and actually won a so called free cruise.
Now the cruise line hypes this up as a huge winner on their cruise line, but try to collect, that's a whole other issue. My wife contacted the cruise line at least four different times within the first six months, well of course they only offer these cruises to collect on certain dates and they only allow so many of these free cruisers to be on ships it began to be a real pain to try to find a cruise that we could go on. Then of course they tell you to contact a certain person only to deal with, well after the fifth we dealt with was no longer there we figured we might as well give up.
Now I'm not one to gripe about to many things, but this kind of bothered me. I gaurantee you that cruise ship probably made 3,000 to 4,000 dollars off of the entry fees to the blackjack tournament and each one of those people that entered thought they would win a luxurios 7 day cruise if they won.
Just doesn't seem right to me!!!!!

Oh by the way, 14 months after I won my free cruise, I thought I'd give them one last chance. Called customer service told them what had happened, they said I would get a call back.

Well I did, they said I was over the 1 year expiration date.

What a joke,

Thanks for nothing NCL

Adam D. Borseth
free cruise loser
Old 10-20-2002, 11:19 PM

Just a little note from a cruiser from Washington state. July 2001 we had our whole family on the Norwegian Sky to Alaska. The whole group totaled 18 people and as for the cruise I [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]can't complain too much. My complaint is with a little sham I believe has probably happened more than once or twice.
I gamble a little and play blackjack, and the cruise line just happened to have a blackjack tournament. So I entered the tournament and actually won a so called free cruise.
Now the cruise line hypes this up as a huge winner on their cruise line, but try to collect, that's a whole other issue. My wife contacted the cruise line at least four different times within the first six months, well of course they only offer these cruises to collect on certain dates and they only allow so many of these free cruisers to be on ships it began to be a real pain to try to find a cruise that we could go on. Then of course they tell you to contact a certain person only to deal with, well after the fifth we dealt with was no longer there we figured we might as well give up.
Now I'm not one to gripe about to many things, but this kind of bothered me. I gaurantee you that cruise ship probably made 3,000 to 4,000 dollars off of the entry fees to the blackjack tournament and each one of those people that entered thought they would win a luxurios 7 day cruise if they won.
Just doesn't seem right to me!!!!!

Oh by the way, 14 months after I won my free cruise, I thought I'd give them one last chance. Called customer service told them what had happened, they said I would get a call back.

Well I did, they said I was over the 1 year expiration date.

What a joke,

Thanks for nothing NCL

Adam D. Borseth
free cruise loser
Old 10-21-2002, 06:40 PM

Bummer
Old 10-21-2002, 10:20 PM
Banned

Give me the money. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] I won prizes for hotel rooms many times while in Vegas. Got on the house phone to make a reservation. Guess what? There were no rooms left for the promotion. They were already booked up. GIVE ME THE MONEY! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-22-2002, 10:03 AM

You get what you pay for,they say, but who deoesn't dream of better things...My daughter is a sweepstakes nut and has won fabulous prizes, a 48-inch tv that ended up with me, first class trip for 4 to Disneyworld, gift certificates of up to $1,000- but she doesn't work outside the home so she has time to do all that. I just hope the $1600 I am paying for my trip is going to be worth it all. (going as single so it costs more, and am flying to Miami from Phila.) Wish me luck in that aspect anyway. Kalamitykay. (Guess where my nickname came from...)
Old 10-24-2002, 07:25 AM
Banned

just recieved a "boarding voucher" in the mail worth $1600. It looks like a check with my name on it. The letter say " We are thrilled to advise you and your family have been identified to take part in a prestious marketing and study promotion." I get 2 free nights at a Amerihost or Remada Plaza; set sail on Carnival or Imperial Majesty Cruise line; 3 more nights at Ramada Plaza?; 7 days of transportation provided by Alamo; and if I act in 48 hours I get 4 days in Puerto Vallarta and 4 days in Vegas. It sounds like I really hit the jackpot on this one. After writing this it is going into the shredder. I don't need this kind of aggrevation. It does not mention the air fare or how many boiler rooms you will be in while they try to sell some kind of time share.
Old 10-24-2002, 07:32 AM

RIDGID: bad enough they call you on the phone and tell you you've won something, but all they need is an hour or so of your time...etc etc. I always check the postage on letters that come with "official" notifications.. I don't even open them unless they are first class. With a daughter whose is sweepstaking I will open those, as she somethimes enters them in my name...but my trash can fills up fast. I have more luck with scratch off lottery tickets! (won $500 once). Kalamitykay
Old 10-24-2002, 06:42 PM
Banned

I hope that the sweepstaking is not a foreign lottery. My dad got involved in one and he kept getting request to send more money for more chances. He never won anything except winning more chances if he send more money. My mother said it was a rip but my dad enjoyed playing [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] He died 7 years ago and my address was used for some of the probate. Some how these crooks put his name and my address together and I am now receiving these entry forms. I have been taking them back to the Post office unopened. Suppossively the Post Master General is investigating.
Old 10-25-2002, 10:18 AM

Ridgid: You are certainly correct and doing the right thing. I read a lengthy article last week about such scams. My daughter never enters anything that involves sending money or any personal data, like social security number, etc. (Unless she wins cash, and then you have to!) Mostly she wins merchandise but took a first class trip to Orlando with the kids courtesy of Kodak a few years ago. She had to pay a sales tax and report it on her income tax, on the estimated value (full price, of course), of about $6,000!
KalamityKay

Closed Thread

Tags
complimentary, cruise, crusises, dollar, free, line, norwegian, norweigan, reviews, scratch, state, washington, week, winner, won