Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2005, 12:44 PM
Banned

Raoul
Thank's for the info! Tom
Old 08-11-2005, 02:06 PM

It was nice reading everyone's comments regarding the Norway. Just wanted to add my tidbit.

The SS France was my very first cruise sailing when I was nine years old. It was her second to last sailing under France. We were heading from Boston to the Caribbean (St. Kitts, St. Thomas, Martinique, and Barbados). She was taking one last "around the world" cruise before being sold to Norway (wish we had been on that one). I loved that ship and have the fondest memories of her. It was a family trip and some of those family members are no longer with us so looking back at these photos is extra special for me.

I can try and post some old photos. I'm not sure how to post them here on this forum. If anyone knows, please tell. I'd love to share SS France pics with everyone if they are interested.

Thanks for the postings. It brought back many wonderful memories.
Old 08-11-2005, 02:25 PM

AKMom,

at the top of the page you can select New --> Photo Album, where you can add your pictures. If that doesn't work for you, you can also send me your pictures and I will add them. My e-mail address is raoulruderhaus.de

Please replace with @.

I'm sure many of us look forward to seeing your pictures.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 08-15-2005, 12:10 PM

All your info is correct but she is breaker. Is just the timing of who will be the buyer to break it.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:02 AM

So she is going to be scraped?
Old 08-17-2005, 11:07 AM

Shelton,

no decision has been made. In his posting, BK expresses his personal opinion only.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 08-21-2005, 01:57 PM

Hi Raoul and all

Have just checked in as just returned from my summer hols, am REALLY pleased to see she made it to Port Klang.
Still a real shame her fate is yet undecided, Star Cruises really should take her heritage more seriously. Also shame that she is now so far removed from 'home' whether this be Europe or USA, she seems so isolated in the Far East.

If you get any further info do let us know. Any pics would be fantastic (Im sure you've got a contact somewhere, you've not let us down yet!)

Regards
Old 08-21-2005, 02:04 PM

Rosey,

I hope to get a picture or too sooner or later. But Asia (not counting Japan) seems to be a continent with very few ship spotters around, so there are indeed very few pictures of ships in Asian waters around.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 09-02-2005, 09:31 AM

Fellow Norway Lovers,
I worked as TV station director on the NORWAY for ten years, 1981-1991 and I have loved the lady ever since. Even met my wife onboard. I feel fortunate that my three children where able to sail on here just two weeks before the boiler explosion. Even though I still have friends who work for NCL, your chat line has been the number one source of information about
the status of the NORWAY. I wanted to thank you all for that. I share your hopes and prayers that the one of the greatest ships ever built is able to live on somewhere, even in a diminished capacity.
Norwaytvguy
Old 09-03-2005, 12:14 AM

Ah---the Norway!

I have a fond little memory of the Norway, and I hope that all reading this and loving this ship will take my little story with the loving memory that I intend:

I never had the great good fortune of sailing on this glorious ship. But----I live in New York---in Manhattan, in fact, on 49th Street and 8th Avenue, just down the street from the piers.

A few (OK a number of) years ago she called in Manhattan early in the morning. I heard her ship's horns bellow out the fact. This was well before "9/11", when a person such as myself could stroll down to the piers and go up on deck to the parking levels on 12th Avenue and the Hudson River and watch the ships come in to the berths along side of Manhattan.

I climbed the stairs up to the car parking level to get a good look at her, and in doing so, I got quite the view:

She is such a tall and glorious ship that even up there at the car-parking level, one's eyes were on a par with some of the most luxurious staterooms on board.

Well!

Those poor people who had partied late into the night before had not figured ahead that when they were in port, (it was for some simply a port of call!), someone like me could be simply standing on the upper deck of that parking facility and could see directly into their staterooms---yes--directly into their bedrooms---as they were snoring away, relaxedly sprawled across their beds!!!

I later said to Brian---

Oh my dear---the Norway has the most excellent staterooms! (I was looking into one of her beautiful suites) We simply must book one if ever we have the chance!.....but we would have to make sure to draw the curtains at night!

Ah The Norway!

Lana

Closed Thread

Tags
airfix, cydney, fate, fiebig, france, glencoe, kits, latest, models, norway, pakarang, propellers, scrap, ss, timeline