Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2008, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Phil in england:
quote:
Originally posted by Jim C.:
MercuryQueen and MinotauronMauretania also Phil in England-

This is a warning to stop posting political commentary and insulting another country's government. This forum is not the place for it and it will not be tolerated.

If the bashing of the Indian court system continues, we may be forced to shut down the thread. Please don't make us do that.

Jim with respect, I feel that my comments about the apparent inactivity of the Indian Supreme Court was not a political statement but rather an observation of the whole Norwary/SS Saga and the way it appears to have been (mis) handled by the judicial system there. I make no political references per se, certainly in the UK we consider it normal to express dissatisfaction or inequality, without picking in particular on any one country. It just so happens that in case, Norway/SS France is on Indian soil, my views would have been the same on any nation's territory. I have no axe to grind against India. I'm not politically motivated! kind regards, Phil.

Ditto... and as I recall... we have the freedom of free speech. Unless something has been changed without us knowing about it.
Old 04-28-2008, 02:45 AM

MinotauronMauretania,

you forget that an internet forum ist not a democracy!

It's also not that you cannot name the facts here. It's one thing to say "the court said A and what it does / allows now is B" and another one to say "the court is rubbish" or something like that.

Why not present the facts and let the users reach their own conclusions based on them?

Raoul Fiebig

Old 04-28-2008, 06:35 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Ditto... and as I recall... we have the freedom of free speech.
Not without limits, which in this forum are defined by the Terms Of Service.
Old 04-29-2008, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Beers:
quote:
Ditto... and as I recall... we have the freedom of free speech.
Not without limits, which in this forum are defined by the Terms Of Service.

Thank you... and getting back to NCL/Star Cruises... the red ink apparently made them sell two of their vessels.... according to Maritime Matters

http://www.maritimematters.com/shipnews.html

Au Revoir, Paquebot FRANCE/NORWAY
Old 04-30-2008, 02:38 AM
This issue have its own tread already

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 04-30-2008, 08:21 PM

Any new pics from our beloved ship??
Old 05-02-2008, 08:45 PM

Here is a link that might be of interest:

http://www.reuters.com/article/marke...0080502?rpc=44

I makes me very upset that the engine disaster could have been prevented. It's so sad that the SS Norway could have had an happy retirement were it not for that because the explosion caused the spread of asbestos around that area of the ship. Therefore, it would have cost a lot more to clean up because of the damage that was inflicted.

As I have mentioned a few times in my previous post, the SS Norway could have followed in the footsteps of the QE2 and the SS Rotterdam with no hesitation. But thanks to Star Cruises, its nothing more than a dream that will never be realized.
Old 05-03-2008, 03:29 AM

I know in the UK, neglegence involving health and safety issues can carry an unlimited fine. I'm not sure of US procedures though. What price can you (or a court) put on a human life - Phillipino or otherwise?

Can NCL / Star afford a fine for both the boiler explosion and for illegally exporting The Independence??

I'm assuming NCL feel they can weather whatever penalty is handed out for the boiler explosion, hence the 'guilty' plea. Surely if they thought the fine would cripple them, they would contest it. Better to risk going bust to a defence lawyer defending you, than risk going bust because of the will of the court.
Old 05-03-2008, 01:17 PM

Does NCL have to pay a fine at all?

I don't think so. What concerns the NORWAY, they will probably say once more, that they did not know about such a problem and Bureau Veritas (????) did a bad job (as they already did in 2003). And the INDEPENDENCE, You know, they sold before it left San Francisco. If only the courts can proof, that this was only a game in order to save the money for scrapping the ship lawfully ..............
Old 05-03-2008, 01:28 PM

point is, by pleading guilty, NCL have admitted liability. The court will fine them, then they will have to counter sue the contractor they believe done a substandard job.

Ultimately, NCL were aware of fatigued boilers, and were aware they were not designed for the stresses of frequent shutdown and restart cycles that inter island cruising necessatates

Closed Thread

Tags
airfix, cydney, fate, fiebig, france, glencoe, kits, latest, models, norway, pakarang, propellers, scrap, ss, timeline