Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2009, 04:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Gift Shop Boy
Thanks for sharing your story.
Could almost picture myself there reading your story. Definately some emotion in your story.

That is no doubt the bow piece from the ship.
I think its hard for some to see she is finally gone.

The site that is auctioning the bow on feb 8-9th is also auctioning a lot of other ss France/Norway pieces.
If you click search and then click the box to France Noway you'll see all the things they are auctioning off.
Old 01-28-2009, 06:53 AM

Gift Shop Boy-you are after bringing some mad memories flying back to me with your tale of the front deck.I worked on The Norway '97-'98.I used to love to go out on back deck from the crew bar-where all the ropes were-under passenger back deck.I would nearly get hypnotised watching the waves go by through the holes where the ropes went.It was peaceful but very scary all at the same time-especially after a few in the bar-I sometimes did not trust myself out there on my own-lean too far out that rope hole and no one would know what happened to you.
In fact a very good friend of mine disappeared from the Norway in '98-he was a gorgeous Norwegian 1st Officer and we had dated briefly.Himself & his Polish girlfriend had a fight 1 Friday night in crew bar,he came over to me to tell me he was very upset about it & then just ran off.I ran after him but could not find him-checked his cabin,then back deck where the ropes were-no sign.Just assumed he was gone to bed & would not open his door until sailing from Miami the next day when he was being paged & paged-I went to the bridge & told them what had happened.He was never seen again.The FBI were involved & everything but he was never found.In the end they surmised that he either jumped or was thrown from back deck-where I used to sit & watch the waves go by.I often think about him & hope thats not what happened-what a way to go.
Here's to you - Kai.
Old 01-28-2009, 07:57 AM
I know that story, Carmel. But wasn't he an electrician assistant, and wasn't he observed in Miami that day he disappeared. His disappearance was on the news in Norway.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 01-29-2009, 08:20 AM

The bow piece looks like that "first cut" that was left hanging for so long before they began the rest of the dismantling. Am surprised that it has been saved, along with many other items on the site. For a while it was looking like everything was gone for good.
Old 02-05-2009, 05:57 AM

When you look at the prices some of the components of SS France are being auctioned at, you can see why there has been an effort to keep some parts for resale rather than for pure scrap.
It is, of course, ironic that the combined cost of these auctioned items will most likely outstrip the scrap value of the ship in the first place.
Quote:
Originally posted by Naked Eye:
The bow piece looks like that "first cut" that was left hanging for so long before they began the rest of the dismantling. Am surprised that it has been saved, along with many other items on the site. For a while it was looking like everything was gone for good.
Old 02-14-2009, 02:21 PM

Here some of my photos , from this " special " week end in PARIS ...
http://tdm99.skyrock.com/237.html

Noel
Old 02-14-2009, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by TDM99:
Here some of my photos , from this " special " week end in PARIS ...
http://tdm99.skyrock.com/237.html

Noel
Merci pour les photos TDM99.
Old 02-20-2009, 06:39 PM

Hello All,

I know this post has nothing to do with the Norway, but I felt it may be OK to ask a special favor?

I have a little cousin who is very ill and would like to see if he can get to meet Ellen DeGeneres. He has opened a My Space site and would love to try to get more "friends" than Ellen. So far he has 388,599.

Please see...
http://www.lfpress.com/cgi-bin...tus=Active&s=letters

I'm hope I can count on your support,
Thank you

Remarc
Old 03-17-2009, 07:34 AM

Hi everyone - judging by the fact that there are no posts since 20th Feb, I guess there is no further news about SS France or artifacts?
Old 03-18-2009, 01:54 AM

Phil,
Imagine how active this trend would have been if the SS Norway avoided Alang altogether? This would be as active as the SS United States blogs out there.

Closed Thread

Tags
airfix, cydney, fate, fiebig, france, glencoe, kits, latest, models, norway, pakarang, propellers, scrap, ss, timeline