Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2006, 01:28 PM

Hi everyone,

we just booked 3-in-a-row starting with transatlantic Barcelona-Miami, followed by west- and south caribbean.

As we are new to the Jewel i have some burning questions to ask. Your input is greatly welcome

To see something different, we choose to use 3 different cabins ranging from AF to BA and BB.

First question therefore: What are the actual differences between AF - Minisuite 11624, the BA - DeluxeBalcony 10168 aft and a BB - 10016?

Has anyone any comment or recommendations especially in terms of their location on the ship? ...like aft on deck 10 might be too loud etc.

Are all three categories equipped with fridges?

I am very interested on these differences or unknown location problems (unknown to me), because right now i have the chance to upgrade the BA/BB cabins if someone scares me off

Does anyone know the locations of the self-laundrettes (which i read of on several posts) around deck 10 and 11?

...and most important: Has anyone knowledge about the procedures when having such "connection-cruises". Do we have to actually leave the ship (with/without baggage) to get back on board?

Sorry to bother you all with so much questions, but after a really great nov/dec '05 cruise on the Dawn we are so excited to go again that the our brains just went into high-gear-cruise-mode (even it's still so much time to go )

Thanks to all
and best regards
Michael "kinonet"
Bremerhaven, Germany
Old 08-10-2006, 03:17 PM

Quote:
...and most important: Has anyone knowledge about the procedures when having such "connection-cruises". Do we have to actually leave the ship (with/without baggage) to get back on board?
Since you are changing cabins, you probably will have to disembark, wait and then re-embark along with the incoming passengers. However, you should contact NCL to be sure.
Old 08-11-2006, 03:53 AM

Hi Karen,

thanks for replying.

I contacted NCL but have not yet gotten any reply from them. We will see...

Does anyone have an email-adress of NCL in Miami? Haven't found any on their site and the adress i have is one belonging to the german subdivision who are always forwarding my questions to Miami (which takes time...)

Thanks again
Michael
Old 08-23-2006, 04:43 AM

hi kino net,
AF cabin on deck 11 is Aft below the garden cafe
BA cabin Aft with cabins above and below
BB cabin is Fwd with cabins above and below
Their locations seem ok to me. I have been on the Jewel and had a fabulous time hope you do too.
ann
Old 08-23-2006, 05:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by KinoNet:
Hi everyone,
First question therefore: What are the actual differences between AF - Minisuite 11624, the BA - DeluxeBalcony 10168 aft and a BB - 10016?
The minisuite is larger and has a bathtub vs only a shower.
Minisuite 11624 231 sq.ft., balcony 54 sq.ft.
Balcony 10168 167 sq.ft., balcony 38 sq.ft.
Balcony 10016 167 sq.ft., balcony 38 sq.ft.
Quote:
Has anyone any comment or recommendations especially in terms of their location on the ship? ...like aft on deck 10 might be too loud etc?
All your cabins should be quiet.
Quote:
Yes
Quote:
Does anyone know the locations of the self-laundrettes (which i read of on several posts) around deck 10 and 11?
Sorry, I'm not familiar with the procedures, or where the self service laundrys are located.
Quote:
Thanks to all and best regards Michael "kinonet" Bremerhaven, Germany
Old 08-24-2006, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by KinoNet:
Hi everyone,

we just booked 3-in-a-row starting with transatlantic Barcelona-Miami, followed by west- and south caribbean.

As we are new to the Jewel i have some burning questions to ask. Your input is greatly welcome

To see something different, we choose to use 3 different cabins ranging from AF to BA and BB.

Has anyone any comment or recommendations especially in terms of their location on the ship? ...like aft on deck 10 might be too loud etc.

I am very interested on these differences or unknown location problems (unknown to me), because right now i have the chance to upgrade the BA/BB cabins if someone scares me off

Sorry to bother you all with so much questions, but after a really great nov/dec '05 cruise on the Dawn we are so excited to go again that the our brains just went into high-gear-cruise-mode (even it's still so much time to go )

Thanks to all
and best regards
Michael "kinonet"
Bremerhaven, Germany
Dear Michael
On NCL's new vessels, the cabin numbers go up as you move AFT, keep that in mind for future references.
Try to avoid a cabin underneath the garden cafe as they move around the trolleys etc. to get the buffet ready for breakfast and the cleaning in the night. Can sometimes be disturbing if you are udnerneath it.

As far as i remember there are no laundrettes on board.

Fridge you have in all cabins

talk to Armando, the hotel director or his Assistant on the ship about the back to back cruises. armando is very helpful and will give you the right answer. sometimes you have to leave the ship because of immigration. Ask armando when you are on the ship.

The jewel is a beautiful vessel... you will love it michael

Cheers
Philipp

Closed Thread

Tags
11624, ba, cabin, jewel, ncl