Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2009, 06:48 PM

Hello everyone,

I am trying with my family (5 of us total) from the Barcelona Airport (Aeroport del Prat) to the cruise port. I read somewhere that the terminal port is called the Port Vell Cruise Terminal.

I was wondering, how far is the cruise port from the airport? (in km or miles) and how long would it take for a taxi to take us from the cruise port to the airport?

I understand that since we are 5, we'll be taking 2 taxis. What I wanted to know was, how much does it cost?

I checked a website for taxi fares and read the following:

1) There is a minimum charge of 20 Euro
2) There is an initial tax of 4 Euro, plus there is a charge of 1 Euro for each additional km

3) There is a charge of 1 Euro for each suitcase (I believe it's 15 km but am not sure so it would be 15 Euro)
4) There is a port charge that the taxi has to pay to enter the port (I think it's 5-7 Euro)

I just wanted to verify that these fees are correct, since if that were the case, it would cost about 45 Euro-50 Euro.

I saw a website that for a minivan for the 5 of us, it would cost $116.00 one way, just wanted to know is that a fair price? If the taxi is around 45 Euro, would be about $71 dollars each cab, which would be $142.00.

Just wanted to verify the exact price of the taxi, which would include port charges and cost of suitcases.

Thanks, would greatly appreciate eveyone's help in this
Old 08-13-2009, 07:06 PM
Administrator

Welcome to cruise-chat, Mella, and congratulations on your upcoming cruise!

To keep responses in one place, let's continue in your other thread, located here. I'll close this one to avoid confusion.

Closed Thread

Tags
gem, ncl, tweens