Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2006, 04:12 AM

Being new to NCL I have a question. What does "concierge service available" for mini suite mean? I know with RCI and PRincess we have a private room or club where we go for cocktails or other amenites. Is that the same on Norwegian?
Old 09-13-2006, 06:10 AM

it's very similar. she will meet and greet and explain everything to you. she will make sure you are off the ship first or on the first tenders out.
she is like an assistant. she will get reservations in restaurants for you where the restaurants would tell you that they are fully booked that night. she will get you in. all the little goodies like that...

enjoy your cruise
Philipp
Old 09-13-2006, 03:45 PM
Administrator

Which ship are you on, melbur? Some of the newer NCL ships have private lounges while some of the older ones do not.
Old 09-14-2006, 01:44 AM

We are on the Norwegian Jewel - less than a year old so maybe they do have a lounge or club room?
Old 09-14-2006, 04:06 PM
Administrator

Norwegian Jewel has a private lounge, but it is for those in the Garden Villa accommodations only.

I would imagine that your experience will be similar to what we had on a different NCL ship earlier this year, described perfectly by PlanetPhips. On occasion, we had private cocktail parties and other events, but for the most part, our concierge stopped by every day (late afternoon) to see if we needed anything. She was also available by phone most of the day, and we also saw her throughout the ship.
Old 09-21-2006, 01:46 PM

Interesting. I just sailed the Dawn on September 9th and was told I would have concierge service for my "mini suite". I was never contacted, never had any additional services, nor was I put in the front of any line or had a special lounge option. Now I'm curious to see what I missed. Can anyone tell me?
Old 09-28-2006, 12:03 PM

We previously sailed in a Penthouse suite. The concierge in our experience was just like a concierge in a hotel - could help with special requests, provide recommendations, get restaurant reservations when the restaurant was full. The Penthouse and above also provide a butler, who will cater to your every whim (within reason!). Having canapes delivered at 4 pm was a luxury it was easy to get used to!
Old 09-13-2007, 08:08 AM

We are just back from a cruise in the Mediterranean on the Norwegian Jewel. We had a Minisuite on deck 11 „with concierge service“. In the cabin I found a piece of paper with the name of our „Concierge“: Ruth. I never saw her the whole week. I had to make my reservations for the restaurants myself. On Sunday we started the cruise in Barcelona. The luggage of my son was delivered to the cabin at 4 PM. I called the phone numer of our „concierge“. A young lady (never heared her name before) „comfored“ me with her suggestion to wait.... At 8 PM I asked once again for help. „Please wait...“ was her only „service“. At about ten minutes past 9 PM my luggage was delivered. Not to my cabin, but the cabin two doors next to ours..... Is that the „concierge service“?
Regards
Uwe

Closed Thread

Tags
butler, concieregae, concierge, cruise, jewel, line, lines, ncl, norwegian, norweigan, review, reviews, ruth, servcie, service