Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2007, 04:04 PM

Hey All my wife and I will be taking our first cruise this march to the Caribbean. We have looked at some Excursions and I wanted to get some feedback from you folks. Here is a list below

Roatan: Tabyana Beach party and Snorkel

Belize City: Mayan ruins of Altu HA or Jungle river tubing and Mayan river site or Altun Ha and the old Belize river.

Cozumel: Fury Catamaran Snorkel and beach party.

Any input on these would be greatly appreciated. I hope each of you have a wonderful New Year
Old 12-30-2007, 04:38 PM
Altun Ha and the Belize river cruise is a nice day trip....I did that one that last time I was there.....Cahal Pech is another Mayan ruin but is a 2 1/2 hour bus ride....but to me, it was worth the ride....Have a great FIRST cruise...you will become addicted....

Bob E
Old 12-30-2007, 04:40 PM
In Cozumel, Tulume is another great Mayan ruin...plus there is a ton of shopping to do on Cozumel....Happy cruising...

Bob E
Old 01-07-2008, 08:55 AM

we just got back from our Caribbean trip. Here is what we did

Roatan: Dolphin Encounter & Tabyana Beach
highly recommend

Belize city: Jungle River Tubing & Mayan Ruins Site
It was relax but boring, and there is not much to see for the Mayan Ruins
not recommend

Cozumel: Tulum Mayan Ruins
highly recommend, my husband rated this highlight of the trip. Don't forget your bathing suits.

Great Stirrup Cay: Snorkel & Parasailing

Enjoy~~

one more tip, since you are very into Snorkel (I guess), get your own gear from your local water sport store or costco, it will save you some money and time at the rental shop.
Old 01-10-2008, 12:49 PM

In Roatan the Tabyana Beach party and Snorkel is as enjoyable as the weather. If it is cold, it is less fun but then there is tequila to make it warmer. The water was fairly shallow where we were and the snorkling on the reefs enjoyable according to my other half.

I've done the Belize City river tubing and it was wonderful. The water can feel pretty cold in the caves but what you see makes it worth the chill.

In Cozumel we have snorkled from boats in deeper water and that was great. I also absolutely LOVE Cenote (cave) excursions in and around Cozumel.

Whatever you select is the right choice so just have fun!
Old 01-24-2008, 05:05 PM

I spent a week in Roatan about 6yrs ago. Stayed at a place in Sandy Bay but rented a car and went to Tabyana just about everyday. Great beach...my kids loved the snorkeling there also. You may want to take a few hours and take a water taxi to the west end area. That's where most of the shopping and restaraunts are. It's only a dollar or two for the short trip. We're going on the Sun in Feb and have booked the Tabyana excursion. Cheers!!
Old 01-24-2008, 06:28 PM

I did Altu Ha in 2003. They were building fake ruins over the real ruins to make the tourists happy. The tour guide I had was a dud but, I doubt you would end up with the same one.

IMHO, because of the rebuilding of the ruins, I would suggest you take the Jungle river tubing. The ruins in Mexico were better protected.

Enjoy your cruise and the snorkeling! I tried it for the first time on my last cruise and got hooked!
Old 01-24-2008, 10:09 PM
Banned

I really enjoyed the New River Safari to Lamani.

Ruins, a fast boat ride, and native animals and plants, and a fried chicken lunch.

Have fun!
Old 01-25-2008, 07:40 PM

In Cozumel I just did the Fury Catamaran Beach Party. I went this week, it was fun and well worth the money. The private beach is very nice and you get free beer and margaritas if you like to drink

Free Cruise Clocks

Closed Thread

Tags
altu, beach, belize, cozumel, excursion, fake, ha, lamani, mayan, norwegian, party, pearl, river, ruins, tabanya, tabyana, tourists