Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2007, 08:04 AM

We are thinking of taking the 7 day Hawaiian cruise on the Pride of Hawaii in March. Does anyone know what the seas are like at this time of year? Is it typically calm?
Old 01-21-2007, 11:14 PM
Several people have been to Hawaii round trip from L.A. recently and said the only rough part was the first few days out of L.A..
I don't recall any reports of rough seas in the islands.
March should be very nice--maybe still a little on the cool side.
About the only thing you can really count on is rain in Hilo.
Old 01-22-2007, 01:00 PM

Thanks...we are only cruising the islands so I'm happy to hear it's usually on the calm side. As for the weather being on the cool side....anything will feel warmer than our weather here in B.C. We have more snow on my front lawn than you would care to see!
Off the topic...why doesn't my name show under the date like most postings?
Old 01-22-2007, 01:01 PM

Now it's there...I don't get it!
Old 01-24-2007, 09:40 AM
We sailed from Hawaii to Ensenada last April. Everything was great until we left Kauai. Once we were out about 5 miles it was so windy you could not sit on the Lido deck. Your food literally flew off your plates. It was this way almost all the way back. It was 7 days at sea and maybe 1 1/2 days were calm enough to be on the Lido deck. It was also very COLD! Good thing they had lots of indoor activities for us.
Old 01-24-2007, 09:44 AM
I misread the question. The cruising around the islands was beautiful. The water was calm and it was very warm and a little humid. We arrived the last few days of a 6 week rain storm in Hawaii. Luckily when we got on the ship the rain was done. The people getting off the Pride of America said it was terrible. Rain and lightening the whole 7 days.
Old 01-24-2007, 12:39 PM

What time of year did you cruise the islands? I think March is at the end of their winter, so hopefully the weather won't be too bad at that time.
Old 01-26-2007, 01:14 PM

Donnac,
We were on the NCL Star in September of 2003 and the seas were not bad. It was very windy coming into Maui, but that only lasted half an hour until you clear the two land masses.
This was one of our best Cruises.
Tip, We rented a car in every port and would highly recommend it. Also spent 2 days pre-Cruise in Honolulu.

Good luck and enjoy the beauty

Closed Thread

Tags
april, ca, cruis, cruise, hawaii, hawaiian, la, march, reviews, rough, sea, seas, time, weather, year