Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2005, 12:27 PM

My husband and I are two friends are going on our first cruise to Alaska in September. Listening to alot of different talk is a bit scarey for us first timers. Boat rocking, Not good service. To tell you the absolute truth we picked this one the most because of the karaoke. We all sing and love it.

Anyone else going September 3rd on this cruise.

Anything any one can tell us would be greatly appreciated. such as what to take etc....

thank you
denise
Old 04-17-2005, 06:36 PM

I just miss you by a week. I am on the Star the following week. You will have a great time. read my review of the cruise that you are on at.

http://www.cruisereviews.com/Norwegi...gianStar36.htm

First, there is little movement whatsoever, as you spend 95% of the time in the inside passage or in fjords. This is akin to cruising on a small lake. Second, I would opt to dine in the alternative restaurants every night. They are great and offer excellent service and menus. While there is a service charge at most of them, it is well worth it if you want to have a very memorable cruise.

You are going at the very end of the season and expect inclement weather every day. If you don't get it, rejoice. But, folks don't normally go to Alaska to get a suntan...VBG.

All of the ships will be having 50% off or better sales, so be sure to bring some Christmas shopping money to pick up some unique bargains for gifts. You will have a great time, as the Norwegian Star is a great ship and what you make of it.

Tom
Old 04-17-2005, 06:38 PM

Oh yes, the Norwegian Star has the "Karaoke Circus", a bar that does karaoke every evening. You guys will have a blast.

Be sure to write a review when yo return.

Tom
Old 04-18-2005, 03:34 AM

Thanks Tom for the information, I read your review and lots of good information. I appreciate it alot. I am excited about going.

denise
Old 04-18-2005, 03:58 PM

Have a great cruise to Alaska and be sure to write a review of it when you get back.

Tom
Old 04-18-2005, 05:44 PM

I was on the Star last year at about the same time you are going this year and Tom was so right - There are mega shopping bargains at every port since it is the end of the season. I had a good time on the Star, but again, as Tom suggested, make sure to dine at the alternative restaurants. It will make a world of difference in your dining experience.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread

Tags
norweiganstarcruise