Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Norwegian Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/norwegian-cruise-line/)
-   -   April 18 Dawn (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/norwegian-cruise-line/18813-april-18-dawn.html)

Cathy61 01-12-2009 06:48 AM

Just checking to see if any one is going or has been on the Dawn

Cathy61 01-12-2009 06:48 AM

Just checking to see if any one is going or has been on the Dawn

Kraftsinc 01-12-2009 03:23 PM

Hi Cathy,

I'm going on the Dawn in March. First time on the Dawn and 4th on NCL. Let me know anything you want checked out.

Judy

billybuzzy 01-12-2009 03:27 PM

Cathy61 - Welcometo Cruise-chat, this is the perfect website for answering virtually any cruise question you might come up with. This is a friendly forum where we all share our experiences, thoughts and humor regarding all things cruising. Most of us are true cruise addicts and have seaweed between our toes!

You will spend many happy hours here and you will get some great tips and advice which will serve you well both on and off the ship!

We have cruised on the Dawn several times, we have many years of cruising experiences and we enjoy all the cruiselines. The NCL Dawn is one of our favorite ships, she has a true ambiance that goes beyond what any of this author's humble words can express.
Rest assured we have met many multiple Dawn cruisers - it is not unusual to find fellow passengers with 8 or more cruises on her!

As you can see -we are booked on her again! (Told you those of us here are addicted!) If you address your questions to us regarding her or any other ship--You will be deluged with answers and responses! So...WELCOME ABOARD!!!And.............

Bon Voyage,

BillyBuzzy

LisaP 01-12-2009 03:30 PM

Hi Cathy61, and welcome to cruise-chat.com.

So far, none of our Members are on your cruise. Continue to check our Roll Call, located in the first thread on this page.

I almost booked the same cruise, but I don't think that counts.

muttface 02-20-2009 04:47 PM

Have been on the dawn three times, most recently on a jan 3, 09 sailing. It (and its sister the star) are my favorite ships. Love evenings in gatsby's. The South beach review show is one of my favorites. Frederick and lorelei (bar staff) at gatsby's are fantastic. have a blast

Cathy61 02-21-2009 12:00 PM

Hi, Can you tell me more about Gatsby's? After reading Tim's review I hope it was just bad for him. I have not been on NCL in a while mainly we do Holland America but wanted to try free style. Did you eat in any of the other places that you have to pay? Any tips on anything would be appreciated.
Thanks

billybuzzy 02-21-2009 12:21 PM

Cathy61 - Gatsby's is a fine dining venue and well worth the additional cover charge. You can also get a very good steak in the main dining rooms but the key here is never to order it more than medium rare! Other great restaurant's are Le Bistro- a first class French Restaurant and the Teppanyaki Grill!
Our Italian taste buds have always been satisfied by the Buffet and we are no longer Salsa/Tex/Mex fans hence we are unable to offer any further info on these specialty reaturants.
NCL coffee is quite tasty and those burgers in the Buffet are fantasmagorical!

Dining in the Main Dining Rooms has always been very good to excellent for our tastes and we have cruised without using any of the "Specialty" Dining venues without any compalints - NCL is very good in ensuring you are satisfied with their dining.

If you have a complaint do not hesitate to discuss it with the Hostess, the Maitre'De and/or the Hotel Manager-You should receive a most satisfying response! Do so politely and respectfully-you will be treated accodingly!

Bon Voyage,

BillyBuzzy

tim c 02-23-2009 10:35 AM

First of all the Dawn is a very nice ship,you will enjoy the the shows in the star dust theater,but you can feel nickled and dimed to death. $10.00 for drinks at the pool.one of the highest i have evered paid for a frozen drink. room servive food is the best i have had,but the rest you know wasnt good. i guess i am spoiled by Carnival.we have more fun there and better food there, i can get a 12ox New York strip evety nite for free at every meal if i want. there are more free activties on Carnival too,but have a great time maybe you luck will be better