Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2005, 12:48 PM
Banned

Does anyone have any info on the Jewel? I am curious as to when it is supposed to be launched?We are thinking about this one in the spring. There are some good prices listed. New ship and all it might not be that bad.
Tom
Old 06-22-2005, 02:27 PM

Tom,

the ship has been launched already and it currently in its final stages of construction. There are a couple of photos of the ship leaving the yard's covered building dock two weeks ago in this thread in CC's German forum.

The ship will be delivered next month and if all goes as planned, I will be given an opportunity to stay onboard for an overnight visit in early August.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 06-23-2005, 10:46 AM
Banned

Raoul
Thank's for the info. Please let us know your opinon after your stay.Thanks again. Tom
Old 06-25-2005, 01:35 PM

Hi Thomas,

it was a great day for cruiseship fanatics today in germany.
Thousands of people were watching along the river ems, when the ship was brought from the dock on the river, with many small passages. They had to remove bridges, to get the ship through the small passages. It was a big story also for german television. We had a tv-special for 2 hours.

So, now the time is beginning for the final constructions in Eemshaven, a port in Holland, before its beginning the tests on the Northsea.

For early august they are offering some small cruise from Eemshaven to Amsterdam and Dover England, and I think they introduce the ship also to the press.
Unfortunately I dont have the time to take part on one of the first cruises.

Marita

Old 06-27-2005, 12:39 PM
Banned

Marita
Thank you for your input. I would be interested in any further new's you might get. Thanks again.
Tom
Old 07-03-2005, 09:32 AM

I am going on one of the shakedown cruises on Jewel next month to Jersey. Definately looking forward to going as it will be a taster for my main cruise this year in December aboard the Norwegian Crown.
Old 07-06-2005, 05:05 AM

Hello Goldryder,

I think, you cant compare the Crown with the brandnew Jewel.
The Crown is from 1988, refurbished, but I dont know when and ranges in the 3 star segment on the Berlitz-list.

But you have to make your own experiences. So, enjoy.

best regards, Marita

Old 07-17-2005, 06:40 AM

Raoul, I am new to this board and I must thank you for the link to the photos of the Norweigan Jewel. My daughter, Crystal, has just transferred from the Norweigan Wind to the Jewel. Norweigan flew her to Germany last week to aid in the setup of the boutique, where she will be working for the next 4 months. These photos give me an awesome chance to see her ship. Thanks again.

Muriel

Quote:
Originally posted by Raoul Fiebig:
Tom,

the ship has been launched already and it currently in its final stages of construction. There are a couple of photos of the ship leaving the yard's covered building dock two weeks ago in this thread in CC's German forum.

The ship will be delivered next month and if all goes as planned, I will be given an opportunity to stay onboard for an overnight visit in early August.

Closed Thread

Tags
jewel, norwegian, overnight, reviews