Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2009, 05:05 AM

Hi everyone , we will be cruising first time for our honeymoon . Many people told me that cruising isnt good for honeymoons but i love the sea and ths ships so its not my concern . My concern is shore excursions . I couldnt find what to do on port Naples and Cannes , Malta ? Any advice ? Interesting things to do ?
Old 07-16-2009, 05:27 AM

Hello Mert and Welcome to Cruise-Chat. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. I don't know why anyone would say a cruise isn't good for a honeymoon. It couldn't be more perfect!

We have a port section on this website where you might find some information on your ports. Just scroll down until you see the blue bar that says "Port Chat" and then you'll see Europe Ports of Call.
Old 07-16-2009, 05:58 AM

Thanks Cruise Fanatic ,
? check the pages and its really helpfull. But couldnt a info for Malta . And where can i find pictures of oceanview staterom on the GEM . Thanks.
Old 07-16-2009, 06:28 AM

Hi Mert, welcome to Cruise-Chat. Sorry I can't help with Malta since I've never been there, but did want to welcome you aboard! Here is a link to their website that has pictures of their staterooms. Congratulations on your up-coming marriage and cruise! I totally agree with Cruise Fanatic, I cannot think of anything more perfect for a honeymoon! Best wishes!
Old 07-16-2009, 07:04 AM

Malta is a big question Mark For me ! I hope it goes well there cause its our first stop .
Everyone telling me that Ncl Shore excursions is overpriced but some of them i think is good deal.
I will brinh my sony hd camcorder with me but how can i charge my battery ? Do i need a international adapter ? I couldnt find a picture of electric socket in the room ? What is it look like ? Americam ? English with 3 pins ?
Old 07-16-2009, 07:48 AM

Yes, the plug in the room will be 110V. You will need an adaptor.

I'll be going to Malta the beginning of December. But you leave before me.
Old 07-17-2009, 02:57 PM

Is this the plug on the ship or in my stateroom ? http://www.chinesemol.com/memb...0078519223524965.jpg
I have to check if my camera work with 110 woltage
Thanks
Mert
Old 07-17-2009, 03:26 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Is this the plug on the ship or in my stateroom
The image you posted is a 110 volt plug. Look at the power adapter for your camera and see what the label says. For instance, the power adapters for my MacBook and iPhone will work for anything from 110 to 240 volts and 50 to 60 cycles. Thus they will work in the U.S., or in Europe with just an adapter for the plug. Some power adapters will only work for one voltage and you need to be sure of what the power adapter will handle before plugging it in.
Old 07-18-2009, 11:45 AM

Hi Mert,

Don't know who told you a cruise was a bad honeymoon choice, but they are definitely wrong. Wow, people around to serve you hand and foot on a cruise ship. Wish I had done that twenty five years ago. Gem will be fabulous with its anytime dining and many restaurant choices. I was on Jewel several times and it was fabulous. Check the reviews for Malta and Cannes on the site because I have never been to those ports, but Naples is a starting point for many great spots. You can get away without NCL tours. You can definitely to Pompei and Sorrento on your own. Take the train. Do not miss these spots. Cheers.
Old 07-18-2009, 04:41 PM

Thanks pink845 for your advices , the person who told me that was a timeshare network vacation seller So i am not worried about this anymore I know after my honeymoon i will aways want to go to vacations with a cruise ship .
What do you suggest us to do on the first day ? First lucnh ? Dinner ? Is it possible to take a quick tour of the ship on the first day ?

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, gem, honeymoon, laws, line, norwegian, package, sea