Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2008, 04:57 PM

Hello!
I just found out that we can't store our luggage on the Gem that is going on the Barcelona/West Med Cruise in the morning before leaving. So it seems we have to carry our stuff around all day long until we can check in at 3pm. Is this so? Does anyone know about the port at Barcelona and if there are places/lockers to store our luggage for the day until we get to check in?

Also one other quick question on the Gem..do they supply hair dryers in the rooms? We have a portal ocean view room on deck 4 if that helps any..
Thank you all for any info!
Old 11-05-2008, 04:57 PM

Hello!
I just found out that we can't store our luggage on the Gem that is going on the Barcelona/West Med Cruise in the morning before leaving. So it seems we have to carry our stuff around all day long until we can check in at 3pm. Is this so? Does anyone know about the port at Barcelona and if there are places/lockers to store our luggage for the day until we get to check in?

Also one other quick question on the Gem..do they supply hair dryers in the rooms? We have a portal ocean view room on deck 4 if that helps any..
Thank you all for any info!
Old 11-05-2008, 05:08 PM
Wish I could help with your luggage question, But I can help with the hair dryer. Most all NCL ships have hair dryers in the rooms and some even have a laundry to use free except for the soap. Also check with your credit card people if you plan on using them out of the country.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 11-06-2008, 09:34 AM

ok great.. thank you! A hair dryer will be one less thing to pack/carry around. :-)

Yeah.. I really hope we can find a place to store our luggage for 6 hours while we sightsee in Barcelona. Does anyone know if maybe a hotel around there will take them? Really wish this was mentioned before we booked our flight (would've booked a flight that arrived a little later in the day).

Thanks everyone!
Old 11-06-2008, 11:50 AM
Administrator

Let me see if I understand the timeline. Your flight gets in to Barcelona at 9 am, and the earliest boarding time for the ship is 3 pm?

Do you have a ship's transfer to the ship that includes sightseeing? If so, that solves the problem. If not, you won't have as much time as you might think. Figure it would be at least an hour to get your luggage in the airport, go through immigration, etc. On their Web site (click here and go to the next-to-last question), it's stated that you can arrive an hour before the boarding time printed on your documents. But, I understand you also want to see Barcelona.

In any case, don't kick yourself over booking a flight that gets in very early in the day. It's always a good idea to have a buffer in case of flight delays.
Old 11-06-2008, 12:00 PM

Regarding storing the luggage the following link from Barcelona Tourism may help:

http://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/transport/bag...orage-barcelona.html

We arrived at the cruise terminal 12:30, 10 minutes later the staff on the ship invited us for a free of charge sparkling wine, a piece of sushi and a small tour on deck 7 (restaurants, theater,...). Really great ! 2 pm the cabin was open for us and the luggage was on our cabin. A really great service from NCL ! The best service among the cruise lines NCL, Costa, MSC and AIDA.

Closed Thread

Tags
barcelona, boat, cruise, gem, line, lockers, lugage, luggage, ncl, norwegian, port, requirements, service