Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2008, 08:19 AM

I was wondering if anyone can give me some advice. This will be my first cruise and I want balcony rooms on the Jewel. Because I have never been on a cruise ship and have no idea what to expect, how will I know if the room I book will be a good room.
Old 08-06-2008, 09:27 AM

Although I have never sailed on NCL before (my first NCL cruise is in 30 days!), I can tell you from my past cruising experiences that you cannot go wrong with a balcony room! Just make sure that you do not have an obstructed view. Also, since this is your first cruise and you don't know if you will experience any motion discomfort, you would probably be best to pick a room near the center of the ship rather than the front or rear. I actually prefer to be on the higher decks, but I have heard it said that there is less feeling of motion on the lower decks. I also am careful to choose a room that is not directly under a public area such as a restaurant or entertainment facility.

Hope this helps you some...Happy Cruising!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 08-06-2008, 10:02 AM

Thank you for the information. I will remember that when I choose my cabin.
Old 08-06-2008, 01:14 PM

Hi SallyC, welcome to Cruise-Chat. You're in for a fantastic experience and a balcony makes it even better. Jodiroadie has some excellent advice. Please let us know how you enjoy it when you return. I'll bet you'll be hooked like the rest of us
Old 08-06-2008, 08:14 PM
You will really like the Jewel....Have a happy cruise...

Bob E

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, happy, make