Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2008, 02:04 PM
Banned

What happened to them all? I dont see anything that NCL is doing out of NY to the e. carib! That was my favorite sailing
Old 03-31-2008, 12:44 AM
Banned

oh, ok
Old 03-31-2008, 12:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Passionfruit:
What happened to them all? I dont see anything that NCL is doing out of NY to the e. carib! That was my favorite sailing
NCL's fleet size is shrinking this year by two ships. The Aloha leaves in May, the Dream in October. Additionally, with the price fo diesel fuel very high, all cruise lines, including NCL, are looking at ways to shorten itineraries. Therefore, more Bahamas cruises vs Caribbean cruises.
NCL still sails to the Caribbean from New York for just a few cruises. Although not year round.
The Spirit this summer has 10 8 day Caribbean cruises, the Gem this upcoming winter takes 4 10 day Caribbean cruises from New York.
Old 04-01-2008, 02:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Ron Clark:
quote:
NCL's fleet size is shrinking this year by two ships. The Aloha leaves in May, the Dream in October. Additionally, with the price fo diesel fuel very high, all cruise lines, including NCL, are looking at ways to shorten itineraries. Therefore, more Bahamas cruises vs Caribbean cruises.
NCL still sails to the Caribbean from New York for just a few cruises. Although not year round.
The Spirit this summer has 10 8 day Caribbean cruises, the Gem this upcoming winter takes 4 10 day Caribbean cruises from New York.

Damn them! I loved the mid september cruises to the carib out of NYC!
Old 04-01-2008, 06:54 AM

Quote:
I loved the mid september cruises to the carib out of NYC!
If you want to go north or east instead, Royal Caribbean has cruises out of Cape Liberty, New Jersey in September. They have 5 night cruises to Bermuda, and 9 night cruises to New England and Canada.

Sandy
Old 04-01-2008, 01:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Damn them! I loved the mid September cruises to the carib out of NYC!
The Spirit's last 8 day Caribbean cruise starts August 23. The 13 day reposition cruise from New York to New Orleans starts October 18. In September, the Spirit sails 6 day Canada & New England cruises.
Old 04-01-2008, 07:17 PM
Banned

All those are ok, but they just arent the glorious 8 day E. Carib sailing. they should have scrapped the straight Bermuda one, which I think is kind of dumb. Bermuda is great and all but come on.
Old 04-02-2008, 05:35 PM
Administrator

NCL is not the only line that pulled these itineraries. So did Holland America, for example.

But you still have some choices in addition to the N. Spirit cruise Ron mentioned. Carnival Miracle will be making 8-night cruises to the Eastern Caribbean from NYC from May 2008 through early October, and again on select dates in 2009. Princess is doing a couple of 9-night E. Caribbean sailings in August 2008 and August 2009, although they also make a quick call in Bermuda.
Old 04-04-2008, 07:37 PM
I am seeing an awfully large number of NCL sailings to Bermuda from both NYC and Boston in the latest round of NCL cruise offerings. There is a much more limited series of Bahamas offerings-I feel let down by NCL and I will book other lines from other locations if need be!

BillyBuzzy

Closed Thread

Tags
carribean, cruise, cruises, forum, ncl, night, nyc, parking, reviews, sailings, september, york