Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2005, 09:25 PM

Has anyone been on the NCL Star? My Husband & I are sailing 1st.wk of Nov.2005. Our cabin assignment is on the 8th deck up front. Is this good or bad? any suggestions as to ports (where to eat). We have done most of the ports before except Cabo.
Thanks, Elwinnie
Old 07-11-2005, 09:36 PM

While early November is early for winter swells, it could happen. I would opt for something more aft, if possible. What ports are you interested in dining at?

Tom
Old 07-17-2005, 09:32 AM

Thanks Tom.
Not sure if we can change cabin assignment. Do you know how I can get in touch directly with NcL? We have been to all the ports except Cabo & that is mainly where we will shop, eat, & beach, so that is where I would like for you to concentrate for me. Thanks a bunch.
Ellen
Old 07-17-2005, 05:25 PM

Call your travel agent and they should be able to easily handle a cabin change request for you. Unless you booked it directly with NCL, you will have to make the change with your agent.

Cabo has several excellent restaurants depending on what you want to order. The Shrimp Factory is good, as is the Giggling Marlin. Some of the palapa restaurants on Medano Beach are good (I like the one right next to "the Office"). Las Palmas on Medano Beach used to be one of my favortie restaurants in Cabo, but I understand it isn't the same now.

I really like Zippers located on Costa Azul (a surfing beach) that is located about a mile before San Jose Del Cabo.

You will find plenty of shopping and entertainment in Cabo, as well as great beaches. It is an excellent port.

Hope that helps.

Tom
Old 07-17-2005, 06:00 PM

Hi Elwinnie,
I sent you a response to your private message regarding your cabin assignment - but not sure that it went through to you. So, just in case: Noise from the theater will not be a problem based on where your cabin is situated (the stage is actually on deck 5) and your cabin is not that far forward that you would get the brunt of any serious swells that you may encounter.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread

Tags
deck, ncl, reviews, star